Comparison pics of EFTA, TFP & MR 65.... (PIC HEAVY)

StillThankful

Just playing musical seats now and decided to take some comp pics side by side.

You'll see measurements of seat depth, side depth, and harness width.

All 3 seats are huge and bulky (around the same size). (MR the lightest of the three).

Width wise, the TFP is the narrowest of the three.

Seat depth is great for all three seats.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE TORN BLINDS--DD2 keeps tearing them up. :eek:

model: Miss Candace :love:, Just turned 3, 37.5" (In 2nd post)

MR, TFP, EFTA
DSCN0083.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

EFTA Seat Depth
DSCN0096.jpg

TFP Seat Depth
DSCN0097.jpg

MR Seat Depth
DSCN0100.jpg

MR Harness width
DSCN0101.jpg

TFP Harness width
DSCN0105.jpg

EFTA Harness width (Narrowest of the three)
DSCN0106.jpg

Side--EFTA v. MR
DSCN0121.jpg

Side--TFP v. MR
DSCN0122.jpg

Side--TFP v. EFTA
DSCN0125.jpg

ADS

momtotwogirls

Gosh that makes me a little sad I didnt get another TFp :( I :love:LOVED:love: my TFP and Addy is right around 30lbs but I wanted to make it through to her 4th bday before I turned her and I didnt think 5lbs was going to do that.

StillThankful

Gosh that makes me a little sad I didnt get another TFp :( I :love:LOVED:love: my TFP and Addy is right around 30lbs but I wanted to make it through to her 4th bday before I turned her and I didnt think 5lbs was going to do that.

Don't feel badly. That makes perfect since. Actually, when I purchased the TFP, I think Candace was 32#.:p But I just had to have it, if you know what I mean.;) She currently weighs 33# so I still have some time left for her to RF in it.

On another note, a lot of kids (3 and over) gain about 5#/year, so you might have been able to make it to 4 in the TFP rfing. For example, DD1 was 40# when she turned 4 and is currently 44# at 5 y/o. But...you never know b/c every child is different.

Back to the TFP, what I like about the seat is that it's built like a TANK! It has to be one of the most solidly-built seats on the market (IMHO).

momtotwogirls

Don't feel badly. That makes perfect since. Actually, when I purchased the TFP, I think Candace was 32#.:p But I just had to have it, if you know what I mean.;) She currently weighs 33# so I still have some time left for her to RF in it.

On another note, a lot of kids (3 and over) gain about 5#/year, so you might have been able to make it to 4 in the TFP rfing. For example, DD1 was 40# when she turned 4 and is currently 44# at 5 y/o. But...you never know b/c every child is different.

Back to the TFP, what I like about the seat is that it's built like a TANK! It has to be one of the most solidly-built seats on the market (IMHO).

I know I LOVE it lol. Now I am contemplating selling my CA65 and getting another TFP. I mean I have a RN80 if she hits 35lbs before 4. She was 30lbs in December and 28lbs last month and now she is about 29. She drops and gains weight so fast I bet she would make it. Hmmmm.....where did you get yours? Better yet do you want to trade for my CA;)

StillThankful

I know I LOVE it lol. Now I am contemplating selling my CA65 and getting another TFP. I mean I have a RN80 if she hits 35lbs before 4. She was 30lbs in December and 28lbs last month and now she is about 29. She drops and gains weight so fast I bet she would make it. Hmmmm.....where did you get yours? Better yet do you want to trade for my CA;)

LOL! :D

I have the same way of thinking.:) The only reason I even purchased the MR and RNXTSL was b/c of the additional RFing time for DD1. At the time, the seats I had Rfed to 33# and I was forced to FF her at an early age--I had the older models MA and BLVD.

Then these ERF seats became available (MR and RNXTSL), so I purchased them and re-rearfaced DD1 until she was 3y11m. Unfortunately, I couldn't even use the RNXTSL to the max of 45# rf b/c it overreclined as she grew taller (this was way before the angle adjuster days). So I kind of feel like I spent all that $$$ for no reason on the Radian.:eek:

I purchased my TFP from Kohls.com when it was clearanced. It has an older DOM--2010-- but since it has 7 year exp period, I'm happy with it.

BTW, the new EFTA 65 rf to 40# :thumbsup: This is one of DH's favorite seats.

momtotwogirls

Yeah we had a ETA last yr. I liked it well enough but it could never take over my love for the TFP. The TFP rf my oldest to 4y2m then it got handed down to my youngest but we were in an accident in December that claimed the life of my TFP :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC