Driving myself crazy!

LRutt

Please tell me I'm not the only one who drives them self absolutely crazy when trying to determine which seat/s to purchase? I did it when we bought our very first infant seat when pregnant with our first. I did it when we bought our first convertible carseat when DS outgrew the infant carrier. Did it again a while ago when starting to research a seat for either DS (3) or dd (15 m) to move into soon as dd will be outgrowing the keyfit fairly soon. There are just too many options and I feel sooo overwhelmed! I'm driving myself crazy. Haha. I wish someone could decide for me. :)

ADS

twinsmom

Oh goodness, no - you are not the only one! I would bet that many c-s.org members wouldn't be here if they didn't feel the same way.:D

momtobe2007

You're not the only one! I'm doing it now...I have 3 car seats sitting in my dining room and I can't decide which to keep and which to return. Driving me batty! :rolleyes:

atw

Ummm...YES. ?You are the only one. ;) I know I wouldn't be here if I didn't get overwhelmed and need experts to tell me their preferences and not just go with what looks safe and comfy. People I know in real life, unfortunately, don't take these decisions as seriously. Very glad for this forum and the dedicated techs and carseat crazy parents that weigh in.

MorgieBear'sMama

I have been debating the perfect convertible seats fot my twins since I was barely pregnant. They are now 15 months old and I just made an impulse purchace.

These decisions are hard!

onegirly

Oh goodness, no - you are not the only one! I would bet that many c-s.org members wouldn't be here if they didn't feel the same way.:D

I agree that is why I'm so grateful for a site like this one!!!

While I'm not happy your "driving yourself crazy" lol ...I am happy you posted this ..because I'm right there with ya!

For some reason the infant seat was easier for me. I'm guessing because we just got extra bases for everyone. We are now starting the convertible seat hunt!!

Wishing us all luck!!:)

jkrkmama

*waves hand*...major obsessor over here! I feel like I know so much more about seats now then I did when DS1 was little 4 yrs ago! I have posted questions on here repeatedly about what seat to get, probably making some roll their eyes LOL. I figure it's just me making sure my precious cargo is as safe as possible. Nothing wrong with that :)

Sent from my Evo Shift using car-seat.org

purplemama

Yep, another crazy one here too. I drive myself (and people here I'm sure) batty with my pickyness and indecision. I just want to make the right decision for us, KWIM? It can be so hard!!

koda&phiasmama

Same here too! I came across ERF and the blog when I was pregnant with DD and I researched forever before deciding on the chaperone which she hated go figure lol then began the long journey of deciding on which convertible to get !! But now both my kids are safe as can be and I couldn't be more grateful for this forum !! Your not alone that's for sure ;)

PlacentaMama

I obsess too! I drive DH crazy! And then I usually end up getting the seat I liked first anyway (we had SKJP Radian 80s, I just bought a Diono Radian R120) :)

LRutt

Phew! Glad to know I"m not alone! LOL

As for a poll, if I can figure out how to post one, I might just do that. For those who are curious, I have an 08 Jeep Liberty, and DH drives a 2010 Jeep Cherokee. We have 2 kiddos, and sometimes have an extra adult passenger who rides in the back. Next year with DS in preschool we may possibly need a 3rd carseat in the Liberty for carpools/babysitting/ect.

Right now, DS is 3 years 5 months, 34 lbs. fully dressed w/ shoes on, and 38 in. tall. He is currently FF in a Britax BLVD in both vehicles. DD is 15 months, 19.0 lbs. and 29.5 in. She is currently in a Chicco KeyFit. She will be outgrowing the key fit soon I'm sure, (plus it's kind of a pain to get her in and out of it with the seat in the car as I'm short, and she's getting too heavy to carry the whole seat around most times). So the dilemma is figuring out which seat/s to get to replace the key fit. I "think" what we've narrowed it down to is passing the BLVD's onto DD and RF as long as possible in those, and getting either a Radian of some sort, or Britax Frontier for DS. I like the Frontier b/c we're used to Britax seats, and it seems to have a similar installation to what we're used to, plus it seems easy to use...but it's HUGE! Very wide, etc. I've never seen a radian in person, but like the idea of having a seat that will last quite a while (though I've heard that by the time he outgrows the seat weight wise and or height wise, he probably won't be able to stay in the booster very long), the 10 year life of the seat (meaning we can pass it down to our DD), and the fact that it's narrow so a 3rd seat/passenger will be more likely. But I've heard that in some vehicles it can be a bit of a challenge to install, and I've never seen one in person and am leary of ordering a seat I can't see first. So...that's the dilemma! And like I said, if I can figure out how to post a poll, I will! Good idea! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC