One Way Flight

scoutingbear

I might have the opportunity this summer to do a half road trip with the kids. A friend of mine is moving to Spokane and has asked, if the timing is right, if we can drive her car up there for her and she'll drive the U-Haul. That would require us to fly back home. If we did that, what carseats do we take? It would be me flying home with the 3 kids by myself. :eek:

Kids would be 5 years, 11 months --very much a car sleeper. Does okay in a booster but prefers harnessed seats. 22 months -- almost positive she'll still fit in the CCO. 8 years --rides in a HBB, doesn't sleep in the car, prefers a nbb but then leans out of position.

We would be putting the seats in a Kia something or other. It would be long drives over a few days (Los Angeles to Spokane).

Seats owned are:
GN, FR85, Radian 65 & 80, MR, HBTB, Monterey, Harmony literider, RSTV, CCO

And, is it okay to switch off the big kids in the u-haul so I don't have to hear them fight?

ADS

Dillipop

If M still fits rfing in the CCO at the time, I'd take that for her. Then I'd take a radian for C and the HBTB for A. (Do I have the initials right?)

The CCO is light, so would be easy to attach to a suitcase or even carry if needed. The radian folds and can be easily attached to a luggage cart as well. Or you can add backpack straps. The turbo bottom can be carried onboard as A's carryon and as long as you bring a suitcase that will fit it, the back can be packed into that.

scoutingbear

So which seats does he fit in?

FR85, and GN...GN might be outgrown by then too...in my car he is even with the top slots but in dh's car and my dad's suburban where the seats are more upright, he has about 1/2" left. :cool: I would love it if he fit in a radian because that would make things so easy. Unfortunately he is all torso with little legs.

Dillipop

I'd pick up another HBTB if you think you could fit 2 in the backseat with the CCO. Carry on the bottoms and pack both backs into luggage on the way home.

scoutingbear

That's what I was afraid of. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything. I guess this would be a bad time to say that C falls out of the HBTB when sleeping. But I guess I could bring that and the RSTV. If its during the day I can keep him awake most of the time. We could switch to the RSTV at night and at least if he fell asleep he wouldn't be falling out of it. At least it won't take up much room! :D

ahgirls

Your C & my R are a lot a like. Sometimes scary alike. I would definitely take the Rstv. Will the vest help to keep him calmer with pressure of it, during the long ride?

scoutingbear

Your C & my R are a lot a like. Sometimes scary alike. I would definitely take the Rstv. Will the vest help to keep him calmer with pressure of it, during the long ride?

Hard to say if it would keep him calmer. He did really well in it when we used it for vacation this last summer but that was all short drives around San Diego area. But at least if either one is screwing around in the booster I can put them in the vest! :)

Dillipop

How about taking the frontier and a box that it will fit in folded in the trunk. Ship it back home as you're leaving to go home and use the RSTV to get to the airport after dropping off the frontier at the post office?

scoutingbear

How about taking the frontier and a box that it will fit in folded in the trunk. Ship it back home as you're leaving to go home and use the RSTV to get to the airport after dropping off the frontier at the post office?

Hmm...I like that idea. I know we don't have the original box but I might be able to find something. I'll have to see what fits best in my friend's car though. Cuz there is the 3 across thing I have to consider. ;) Unless I make the boys switch off in the U-haul. But I don't know that I like that idea much either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC