HELP! Need the service order number for 2001 GMC Yukon XL additional tether hook

lovemyfamily

I know someone posted it for me earlier, but I can't find. I would love the service order number before I call GMC to get one installed in the 3rd row of my 2001 GMC Yukon XL.
THANKS!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Sorry to be the bearer of some bad news, but the LATCH manual states that GM won't provide tether anchor retrofit kits for seating positions that do not have factory installed tether anchors for 2001 and newer GM models. :( You have some factory equipped ones at least, but it sure would be preferable to have them for more/all seating positions.

lovemyfamily

Sorry to be the bearer of some bad news, but the LATCH manual states that GM won't provide tether anchor retrofit kits for seating positions that do not have factory installed tether anchors for 2001 and newer GM models. :( You have some factory equipped ones at least, but it sure would be preferable to have them for more/all seating positions.
NO!!! Darn it! I know someone gave me a service number before though, shoot!
There is one in the 3rd row seating position, but I need 2 back there, as we will need to put baby in the middle row middle seat, and I need to have 2 kids in the 3rd row.
I hate to do a no no but if they will not provide me with another tether, my only other choice is to use the same tether for both seats.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hmmm, maybe the bulletin number you saw before was for pre-2001 GM models, because there is a bulletin number for older GM cars. I can't look up the actual number at the moment, a 28 lb. toddler is snoozing on my lap, lol, but the older bulletin still won't apply to a 2001 model. ETA after naptime: The GM service bulletin is number 99-09-40-004 dated Jan. 2000 and it's for 1989-1999 models.

I really wouldn't tether two seats to the same tether anchor. :twocents: If you have the Regent and the Marathon (per your siggy), only the Regent requires the top tether anchor for certain installations and for all installations for kids 50 lbs. and up. Would it be possible to install one seat FF and top tethered in the second row next to the new baby's seat, and still access the third row for access to the other FF top tethered seat?

Last edited:

lovemyfamily

Hmmm, maybe the bulletin number you saw before was for pre-2001 GM models, because there is a bulletin number for older GM cars. I can't look up the actual number at the moment, a 28 lb. toddler is snoozing on my lap, lol, but the older bulletin still won't apply to a 2001 model. ETA after naptime: The GM service bulletin is number 99-09-40-004 dated Jan. 2000 and it's for 1989-1999 models.

I really wouldn't tether two seats to the same tether anchor. :twocents: If you have the Regent and the Marathon (per your siggy), only the Regent requires the top tether anchor for certain installations and for all installations for kids 50 lbs. and up. Would it be possible to install one seat FF and top tethered in the second row next to the new baby's seat, and still access the third row for access to the other FF top tethered seat?

Hi Jean. Thanks for checking that, it must have been for an older model, BUMMER! Hmm, doubt DH will go for getting a new once, since we have this one paid off. hehe
My Regent rider is over 50 lbs., so it has to be tethered. My plan was to leave the Regent where it is now, 3rd row drivers side, and then put the MA in the 3rd row, passenger side, then put baby in the middle row, middle seat. I like that the side seats of the 3rd row are not right up against the doors, since there is the wheel well there. But, you are right, should not use the tether for 2 seats. HMMM. Don't think there is anything else I could tether too, can't use a seatbelt since it is the rear seat already.
I guess I am going to have to put the MA rider behind the driver. We keep the seat behind the passenger folded down flat to allow easy entrance to the 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC