Key Fit 30 neck pads/strap covers

CanadaGirl

Do they have to be used?

Just brought our new daughter home from the hospital. When I was putting her in her infant seat the strap covers seemed to overwhelm her, they just seemed too bulky. So I took them off. I double checked the manual and I can't seem to find if they mention if they have to be used or not.

She's just shy of 8 pounds so she isn't teeny tiny. I assume in a couple weeks when she gets a bit stronger etc that I'll be able to put them back on, but I just can't imagine her being comfortable in them right now.

Thanks!

ADS

featherhead

Nope, not required:) I like them on so that when I tighten the straps they don't rub on her neck, they just slide through the strap covers. With DD2 (the first time I had a Keyfit) I took them off at first, but put them back on fairly quickly when I realized how nice they were for the above reason. With DD3 I never took them off at all. Oh and they were both smaller. 7 lbs 11 oz, and 6 lbs 8 oz.

LRutt

We kept ours on too just bc it seemed like the straps rubbed their necks when taken off. My kiddos wet 7 lb 13 oz and 6 lb 12 oz. I did have them off for a while when our youngest was about 9 months old bc they were in the wash and my dd ended up with red marks on her neck from the strap rubbing.

U

Unregistered

We used ours, my daughter was probably 4 1/2 - 5lbs when we started using the KeyFit. It was fine for us. I think in general seat belts seem to overwhelm newborns.
5353057293_1b4977f6cc_m.jpg

amandaj553

I took ours off for the first couple months. They just seemed to take up too much room on her tiny body and I wanted to be sure the straps were on her shoulders all the way. DD came home at 4lbs, 13oz. The straps without them never bothered DD, but we did put them on after she filled out a little bit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC