Getting carseat through airport (go go kidz)

alexandra.p

Is the go go kids worth it? Would a luggage cart suffice? Will be traveling with our radian sometimes which is so heavy. We are also planning to get a Scenera for certain travel situations. DS is 11 months now, so I will wear him in the airport. Later may want to use a stroller...how is the go go kidz for that fuctionality? We have flown several times with DS, but always used our snap n go and infant seat. Now that he's in the convertible it's more complicated!

ADS

leighi123

I use a luggage cart I got from walmart for $12. It works perfectly for the Radian, and Levi can even ride in it and I pull him around, or I put a backpack on the seat and he walks.

It also fits right down the aisle of the plane to our seat.

I love the radian for travel! I know a lot of people done b/c its heavy, but I find it easy to manage along with all of our bags and ds by myself (and we don't check bags). It installs easily on the plane too!

mrosehughes

I've used a luggage cart and it works well. With our radian we use our maclaren umbrella stroller and gate check that -- then we have a stroller at our destination and it's super lightweight/easy to push.

aeormsby

We either used a regular luggage cart or a Chicco umbrella stroller. Either way the carseat was secure enough for the LO to ride in if they needed too.

alexandra.p

aeormsby said:
We either used a regular luggage cart or a Chicco umbrella stroller. Either way the carseat was secure enough for the LO to ride in if they needed too.

How do you attach the Carseat to the stroller? I have a MacClaren umbrella stroller I could use.

Eclipsepearl

You basically have to try it out yourself. Experiment at home with some bungees. The MacLauren is kind of skinny but you can try!

A GogoKidz Travelmate is basically an overpriced luggage cart so you might as well buy a normal luggage cart, since it does the same thing. I recommend a metal-based one for durability. Use bungee cords to get it firmly set. Your 11 month old might be able to ride in it but he's kind of at the minimum. You have the baby carrier anyway.

I always borrowed strollers at my destination. I recommend that if you can swing it (if the car seat doesn't fit). Are you on your own?

mrosehughes

alexandra.p said:
How do you attach the Carseat to the stroller? I have a MacClaren umbrella stroller I could use.

The radian is narrow enough to fit inside our maclaren stroller's seat, so we actually don't even attach it, but DS doesn't sit in it, either. We've used bungee cords with our britax and the luggage cart (attached to the cart, not the carseat).

martygras

I have a Scenera, I just use a nylon luggage strap to attach it to the stroller or my rolling bag.

I don't have any great pics that show how I attach it, but here's what I have...

420214_3105059499285_1048198016_3090013_417305599_n.jpg
strapped to my carry-on the other day

317864_2543201733192_1048198016_2855830_981284213_n.jpg
DD riding in the car seat attached to our Chicco stroller

alexandra.p

Thanks! He wouldn't need to sit it now...just thinking perhaps down the road if he doesn't want to be carried. I don't need to take a stroller this time. We are visiting family and my cousin will have one or I can just wear him. I will not be alone this time, but will probably be from time to time in the future.

What do you do with the base for rearfacing when you travel? Stick it in a carryon?

Also, I read in a thread below people having trouble getting the belt extender. This will be my first time installing the Radian on the plane and the manual says you need the extender. Would it work to flip the buckle if I can't get one?

Eclipsepearl

I shouldn't tell you this but you can use the belt extender from the demo kit. Yes, if there's a safety video, there are still demo kits on board (in case the video malfunctions).

Ask nicely if AFTER the safety demo, if you can have an extender IF they said they ran out (too many fat people? Not a fat joke-that's what they're used for!)

Don't ask this unless they have told you they have no more extenders. There is the problem with installing it before the demo but perhaps leave it loose until you get the demo extender? Not ideal but a back-up plan...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC