I turned her back!

Holly

My 2 year old dd has been forward facing for almost a year.
She has a Radian, and I've been so certian that it would not fit rar facing because of the drivers seat, but last night I took out her seat to wash the cover and decided to try to install it rear facing when I was done.
Besides the not being enough room to rearface, we also didnt want to turn her back because we thought she'd freak out and scream hysterically and be very distracting to us.

We decided to see how she does rearfacing, and if it gets to the point where we are distracted too much by her crying then we'd turn her back.

So, I was able to get a solid install with the seatbelt in the middle, and I put my 8 month old's Scenera on the side behind the passengers seat. They are pretty much smashed into each other at the sides, but they fit and are both solid in the car.

I didn't have a lot of time to try Hannah in the seat today, but I did put her in it for a few minutes and drove around the block. She didn't fuss at all about being rear facing. She actually seemed more comfortable.

So even though we are comfortable enough with her forward facing, we decided that as long as she meets the rf weight requirements and she's happy about sitting like that, then we might as well put her like that for a while longer.

ADS

sb518

That's great!! :thumbsup: My lil niece acted the same way (more comfortable) when I turned her back, it's been a few weeks and she still hasn't complained. Good for you turning her back! :thumbsup: :D

LimePink

Senior Community Member
That's awesome!! I think a lot of parents feel that way, that if they turn their child back RF the child will throw a fit. I don't know why so many think that because of everyone I know who has had children FF and then turned them back RF, the kid didn't care at ALL- or cared for a day and then was over it. I think a lot of it when they do fuss is because the parents are expecting it and that rubs off on the child. They're expected to not like the seat, therefore they don't. Like, you don't introduce an icky food to your child saying "now I know this is gross, but you need to eat it." Doesn't work that way, of course they won't eat it. When the parent introduces the food as really yummy and cool though, chances are that the child will have a lot better time of accepting the food. Ok, just my :twocents: on that issue!! So cool that you turned her back RF though:thumbsup:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Awesome! FYI, by the time I found this site, my son was already pushing 35 lbs or else I would've turned him around, too.

sb518

That's awesome!! I think a lot of parents feel that way, that if they turn their child back RF the child will throw a fit. I don't know why so many think that because of everyone I know who has had children FF and then turned them back RF, the kid didn't care at ALL- or cared for a day and then was over it. I think a lot of it when they do fuss is because the parents are expecting it and that rubs off on the child. They're expected to not like the seat, therefore they don't. Like, you don't introduce an icky food to your child saying "now I know this is gross, but you need to eat it." Doesn't work that way, of course they won't eat it. When the parent introduces the food as really yummy and cool though, chances are that the child will have a lot better time of accepting the food. Ok, just my :twocents: on that issue!! So cool that you turned her back RF though:thumbsup:

very true!!

EzzieMom

YAY!!!! Good for you! Too cool:cool:
We turned my DD#2 back to RFing after having her FFing for a bit and she thought it was SO funny. She actually likes it and tells everyone about it..."My car seat upside down" LOL! She doesn't understand upside down isn't the same as backwards:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC