Anyone have a dreamer design and/or baby jogger

vamom

I am still trying to decide on a stroller. Ds likes the look of the dreamer hood (who wants/needs the hood to pull over his face, down to his knees, to block the world out when overstimulated.

He is 40# 44". I have heard such good things about the baby jogger, but the hood does not look like it would pull down to his knees.

I want something kind of all purpose. I would like it to fit in the back of my pruis (I don't ask much, do I?).

So I want it to fit a larger child for a few years with a floating canopy, and smaller fold.

Thanks,
Wendy

ADS

lovinwaves

Everything you are describing is EXACTLY what the Baby Jogger City Series Single will give you.

This may help you: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=21204

The Baby Jogger has a lifetime warranty and INCREDIBLE customer service, I mean INCREDIBLE LOL!! It is going to be a "nicer" stroller all around compared to the Dreamer Design. The Dreamer design is a taller/bigger stroller, so if you are in anyway short I would not get that one.

The Baby Jogger will hold up to 75lbs in weight and has a very tall seat back. I know of 8 or 9 years old that can still ride comfortably.

The Baby Jogger is popular because of it's WONDERFUL sunshades. They come down extremely far and have blocked out all sun for my kids so far.

I could go on and on, but I will send you a PM now...

vamom

Melissa,
So when you say large canopy can that bad boy touch the child's knees (or pretty darn close) - this is my son's demand.

It is not the sun we are worried about - he literally wants to block out the world - he can do this with the volo at target, by flipping it forward abit and the "tail" of the hood covers the back of his head. He did this with the vogue until the airline busted the hood off (gate checked - no insurance coverage).

I thought I would tune up the vogue in manhatten this summer but we didn't get to travel, and by the time I pay for repair and shipping...

Thanks,
Wendy

lovinwaves

Melissa,
So when you say large canopy can that bad boy touch the child's knees (or pretty darn close) - this is my son's demand.

It is not the sun we are worried about - he literally wants to block out the world - he can do this with the volo at target, by flipping it forward abit and the "tail" of the hood covers the back of his head. He did this with the vogue until the airline busted the hood off (gate checked - no insurance coverage).

I thought I would tune up the vogue in manhatten this summer but we didn't get to travel, and by the time I pay for repair and shipping...

Thanks,
Wendy

Well, it goes down pretty dang far. He can grab it and pull it down without it breaking or pinching his fingers. What my kids like to do is have me recline their seats and then put the sunshade all the way down like that. They think it's pretty cool.

The Baby Jogger has by far the biggest canopy of any All-Terrain I have seen. It is definitely it's selling point.

It also comes with 2 peek a boo windows that are full closeable, so he will like that.

Here are some pix of my Double, which is just like the single..

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2094235825

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I purchased a Bob and the final decision to go with them was the fact that when I called Baby Jogger for info on the City Series she wasn't very helpful and told me that all the info that I needed was on the web. I even told her that I had been a Diehard customer of theirs since 1991 and had specific questions that I couldn't find on the web. She didn't care and just repeated that she couldn't give me any more info than what was on the web. I called Bob and they were super helpful and even had a stroller on hand to go check specific measurements, etc. We purchased a Bob Revolution. It is the one that has 16: tires on the back and 12" tire on the front. Bob does have a Revolution AW that has all 12" tires. It also has a super huge canopy and I pull it right over the front of Karley and it comes almost down to her knees, completely covering her face and belly. Having owned both brands I definately prefer the Bob over Baby Jogger. As far as the customer service rep at Baby Jogger, maybe I just got someone having a bad day. I send them a very polite email though explaining that I was no longer a customer of theirs and why. They do make super strollers but the service I received was less than satisfactory. I also included a photo of my daughter in her new BOB. :eek: By the way, the Bob has a weight limit of 70 lb vs Baby Jogger at 75 lb. Other than that, they are equal in value I'd say. The weight thing didn't matter to me because by the time my children weighed 75 lbs they were riding a bike and didn't want to ride in a stroller. You should check out joggingstroller.com if you want to see customer reviews on all the strollers. I found that helpful too. Good Luck.

Last edited:

lovinwaves

I purchased a Bob and the final decision to go with them was the fact that when I called Baby Jogger for info on the City Series she wasn't very helpful and told me that all the info that I needed was on the web. I even told her that I had been a Diehard customer of theirs since 1991 and had specific questions that I couldn't find on the web. She didn't care and just repeated that she couldn't give me any more info than what was on the web. I called Bob and they were super helpful and even had a stroller on hand to go check specific measurements, etc. We purchased a Bob Revolution. It is the one that has 16: tires on the back and 12" tire on the front. Bob does have a Revolution AW that has all 12" tires. It also has a super huge canopy and I pull it right over the front of Karley and it comes almost down to her knees, completely covering her face and belly. Having owned both brands I definately prefer the Bob over Baby Jogger. As far as the customer service rep at Baby Jogger, maybe I just got someone having a bad day. I send them a very polite email though explaining that I was no longer a customer of theirs and why. They do make super strollers but the service I received was less than satisfactory. I also included a photo of my daughter in her new BOB. :eek: By the way, the Bob has a weight limit of 70 lb vs Baby Jogger at 75 lb. Other than that, they are equal in value I'd say. The weight thing didn't matter to me because by the time my children weighed 75 lbs they were riding a bike and didn't want to ride in a stroller. You should check out joggingstroller.com if you want to see customer reviews on all the strollers. I found that helpful too. Good Luck.

Wow, that's too bad you got a crummy service rep. One of the reasons I push Baby Jogger so much IS because of their customer service. I deal with them ALOT and they are SUPER to work with. It's unfortunate that happened to you, but I just want to say that is NOT a good representation of their company and how they work with customers. Baby Jogger has been around for many years, so I hate to see them get a bad rap... ;)

The BOB and Baby Jogger are very comparable to each other, even more so now that BJ has that new ATS stroller. It is very similar to the BOB Revolution.

If someone is going more "offroad" then I recommend the BOB, otherwise the Baby Jogger has more wanted features on it. The BOB is an awesome stroller and I had a hard time picking. If I was getting a single for outdoors I would buy a BOB handsdown. The BJ is more of an "all-around" stroller, so that is why it is so popular. Plus it has a LifeTime warranty :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I must say that we just bought a Dreamer Design double and I heart it. The canopy is very nice and large & would definitely cover your DS's face.

Ericak95

We've had our Dreamer Ditto for a year now (July 06). I really like it. Your DS will definately be covered by the canopy. My 3 yr old (DD will be 4 in Sept) is also about 40lbs and 42" and she fits quite nicely.

I don't think you would have any trouble getting it into a Prius. I have a 03 Camry and my Ditto fits with extra room.

Only thing you have to remember to do when folding is to un velcro where the seat meets the frame. I didn't realize it until I had ripped one strap off, but I called and they sent me a whole new seat no charge. Very happy with service.

HTH
Erica

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yes on the Dreamer Design Ditto the wheels pop right off and it fits great into the trunk of my mom's Taurus.

MomofFive5

Can someone with the Baby Jogger tell me how it reclines? And also tell me how easy it is to carry when folded. We plan on getting a new double before our trip to Disney and really need something that will be easy to push on those cobblestone sidewalks, as well as the regular concrete....etc. We also need something easy to get on and off the buses that we use from the hotel for transportation, in and out of shops...etc. Thanks!!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Wow, that's too bad you got a crummy service rep. One of the reasons I push Baby Jogger so much IS because of their customer service. I deal with them ALOT and they are SUPER to work with. It's unfortunate that happened to you, but I just want to say that is NOT a good representation of their company and how they work with customers. Baby Jogger has been around for many years, so I hate to see them get a bad rap... ;)

The BOB and Baby Jogger are very comparable to each other, even more so now that BJ has that new ATS stroller. It is very similar to the BOB Revolution.

If someone is going more "offroad" then I recommend the BOB, otherwise the Baby Jogger has more wanted features on it. The BOB is an awesome stroller and I had a hard time picking. If I was getting a single for outdoors I would buy a BOB handsdown. The BJ is more of an "all-around" stroller, so that is why it is so popular. Plus it has a LifeTime warranty :)

I received two emails from two different people at Baby Jogger apologizing for their service. It is nice that they did that and I appreciated it. I felt a little sad that I was no longer a customer of theirs (especially since I purchased my first Baby Jogger stroller in 1991 for baby #1) but I LOVE our Bob. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC