Brainstorm a three across (RFing) with me...

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I'm going to be watching my friend's baby (3 months) soon so will be in need of 3 across in my '05 Santa Fe. Currently DD is RFing passenger in an RXT and DS is center in a MyRide. I'd really like to keep DD outboard in the RXT. She is able to climb in and out of it on her own, which is a huge help to me.
I don't have a whole lot in my seat stash right now. For extra seats all I have is a Triumph65, Scenera40 and another MyRide.
I considered another Radian for DS, but I am not a huge fan of them. So I was thinking maybe a CCO. Then maybe the Scenera will fit outboard driver's side for my friend's baby?
I'm concerned about how loading/unloading will work though. Am I going to be able to get DS into the middle over another convertible or should I consider a bucket for the baby? I'd hate to have to purchase two new seats...
Any other seats I should consider? I'm not really concerned with RFing longevity of DS's seat since when he gets close to the limits I assume DD will be FFing and DS can move into the RXT.

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I got a GN/RXT/MA70 in my Jeep. I know the GN isn't RFing, but it is a wide seat, so I'd assume I would be able to get something else RFing.

I'm thinking MR65/RXT/MR65 might work, but you said that you want the RXT outboard.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
When I was visiting Chely, we put DS in the middle row center with T4 in his bucket on one side and T3 on the other in his BV70. More than once I loaded DS over the top of his seat and leaned over to buckle him. He's 22 months and 25ish lbs and it wasn't that hard. I would imagine it would be easier with a smaller child/baby so CCO in the center could work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC