What tub do you like?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Technobaby needs a new tub. She's 8 weeks now so I need something for a young baby but it would be a bonus if it worked for her when she could sit too. I saw the Primo tub, is that the only tub that has something to keep a sitting infant from slipping and is good for both younger and older infants?

I really like bathing her at standing height, but I'm thinking that once she can roll, she'll be much safer with something that sits on the floor/in the big tub? So although I love being able to stand, I am likely willing to give up that feature for a good tub.

With my other 2, I just went into the tub with them from newborn on or took them into the shower, but it's not working for me for various reasons this time so a tub it is.

Spam me with tubs that you've liked please!

ADS

YinzerMama

My cousins have the primo tub and while it's nice for a wee one I feel like for $30 it's a lot of money, given how quickly they grow and reach the point where all that molding that holds them in place because more of a pain in the butt than a help. (I like to lean them back to rinse, vs pour water over...) I considered getting one for my 4th because it was nice to use when we visiting them and he was tiny but I just couldn't convince myself it wouldn't get annoying. I have a very basic oval blue plastic tub I bought at the San Jose flea market for 5 bucks. Nothing fancy about it but it has worked well for me. Even better is the kitchen sink if you have a big one. Although I recently learned some people think that's really gross, although I am not sure if it gross for the sink or gross for the baby.

Ikea has a very basic tub I just swayed a preggo friend of mine into buying. I really prefer cheap and BASIC vs more pricey with slopes or molding etc. All a matter of preference, but I'd check out IKEA.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70197588/

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, but I covet one of these: http://www.bloomingbath.com/ I think my baby might be too big to justify it now, though :(

Cute! Did you see a weight/age limit anywhere on the site? I can't seem to find that info? It's a similar idea to the Puj tub we're using now. But Technobaby's weight combined with our super deep sink is making it go into an off position and pushing her head forward.

If you have a chance, can you measure the height of the stool part? and does the stool have a weight limit when used as a stool?

My cousins have the primo tub and while it's nice for a wee one I feel like for $30 it's a lot of money, given how quickly they grow and reach the point where all that molding that holds them in place because more of a pain in the butt than a help. (I like to lean them back to rinse, vs pour water over...) I considered getting one for my 4th because it was nice to use when we visiting them and he was tiny but I just couldn't convince myself it wouldn't get annoying. I have a very basic oval blue plastic tub I bought at the San Jose flea market for 5 bucks. Nothing fancy about it but it has worked well for me. Even better is the kitchen sink if you have a big one. Although I recently learned some people think that's really gross, although I am not sure if it gross for the sink or gross for the baby.

Ikea has a very basic tub I just swayed a preggo friend of mine into buying. I really prefer cheap and BASIC vs more pricey with slopes or molding etc. All a matter of preference, but I'd check out IKEA.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70197588/

Well duh, why didn't I think of just using the sink? I think that could work for me once she can sit. Our sink is nice and deep so she'd be low and not tip out on to the floor! :ROTFLMAO: But then I'd still need something to get me by for the next couple of months. I wonder if I can shift our Puj around to make it work better until she can sit.

Thanks for the feedback on the Primo.

Unfortunately I don't have an IKEA in my city and they don't ship the tubs. :(

YinzerMama

They really don't need to be able to sit. Just have everything near so you can reach it one handed... hold one hand behind them to support... it's easier with two people so you can lift up and really wash the undercarriage well but you can make do with one person.

mom2juliarose

I was going to wash DD in the sink -- but we have a divided sink and it just wasn't working. I needed a tub/ I went to the thrift store and found this for $5 http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2403667

It's been working beautifully for us.

We had this tub for DD, and I knew I wanted it again with DS. When we were using it with DS, we have a waist-high double sink counter in our master bath, and there is a generous enough amount of space between the sinks to set the bath there. I liked being able to stand and bathe him, and he enjoyed being able to see himself in the mirror while bathing.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
They really don't need to be able to sit. Just have everything near so you can reach it one handed... hold one hand behind them to support... it's easier with two people so you can lift up and really wash the undercarriage well but you can make do with one person.

Oh I know they don't need to be able to sit. But I need them to be able to sit. ;) It's just what will work best for me right now with the way I am functioning during the day.

featherhead

Could you just stick something in the sink under the puj tub? Like a bowl upside down or something?

I have a Safety 1st tub, but I am not liking it. It has a sloped back. I think I'd like just a simple tub where she can lay down flat in the water.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
What about something like this that you can stick in the sink?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Spa-Baby-Spababy-Upright-Bath/dp/B001AJ69CS"]Amazon.com: Spa Baby Spababy Upright Baby Bath Tub: Baby[/ame]

blueindigo

Loved the Fisher-Price whale tub for DS. He used it from newborn to age 2 (my kid is short, so your mileage may vary). We first used it on the kitchen floor, than latter just stuck it in the bathtub (a lot easier than filling the whole tub up for quick baths).

Spam

I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, but I covet one of these: http://www.bloomingbath.com/ I think my baby might be too big to justify it now, though :(

I just bought one and :love::love::love: it! Eli is too big to fit in the sling type thingys that come with some tubs, I had previously tried the firstyears one and he's still a little too small and squirmy for the molding to hold him in place well. I had a puj but it didn't work with our sinks. I love my bloomingbath and while it's expensive I plan on getting plenty of use out of it and actually saving it just in case there are any future babies.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I just hold the baby in the sink until big enough to sit (then we have the Munchkin inflatable ducky tub until the baby is big enough to go in the tub with sisters) but I have a friend with a deeper sink and she uses rolled towels as necessary, then just throws them straight in the wash. Neither of us bathes non-sitters enough for that to get really annoying. (My babies get spot cleaned with a washcloth unless they need a hair wash or somehow got really dirty, like a huge blowout diaper, until they start sitting and rolling/crawling around.)

Citrine

I have the Fisher price Whale of a tub. $20 at walmart. I love it. When I give Abby a bath, she stays put and does not lean to a side.

I just hold the baby in the sink until big enough to sit (then we have the Munchkin inflatable ducky tub until the baby is big enough to go in the tub with sisters)

This is what I did with both my kids. Once they were able to sit up, they thought it was great to have a private tub. And it only holds a a little bit of water. Also, I liked how it was soft for them to lean against, no hard edges.

http://www.target.com/p/Munchkin-Du...4&CPNG=baby&ci_sku=10209874&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

Jillian

I love my fisher price tub, it has a newborn sling in in and then is a regular tub that i used until Ds was a good stander and could shower with me. (15 mo?) i used it on top of my bathroom sink and used the shower hose for rinsing up until about 9 months, rolling didn't matter to me because I don't take my hands off of him.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've solved my problems and won't need to buy a new tub! I'll use the Puj until she can sit (assuming my solution works for a few more months) and then she'll move to the sink in our laundry room. It's larger than our kitchen sink but just like a kitchen sink with counter top and everything. And it's on our main floor.

Thanks to everybody for the ideas. So simple, yet I was apparent looking past the simplicity!

featherhead said:
Could you just stick something in the sink under the puj tub? Like a bowl upside down or something?

My sink actually has a stainless steel insert that goes at the bottom that I was always removing. I kept it in yesterday and it solved the head issue for the time being! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

ketchupqueen said:
Neither of us bathes non-sitters enough for that to get really annoying. (My babies get spot cleaned with a washcloth unless they need a hair wash or somehow got really dirty, like a huge blowout diaper, until they start sitting and rolling/crawling around.)
I do the same. She gets a full bath maybe once a week on average and it's usually because of a big poop or puking all her milk. Even though she's not in the tub often it's just easiest for me right now to not have to balance her with one hand when she does have a bath.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC