Question CCO new or old?

cmcki737

I just bought a CCO with a DMO of 12/8/11 will I be a new or old style? I only really care about the latch connectors...

sent from my SPH-M580 using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I would guess a new one. I think they stopped manufacturing old ones before then. What was the RF minimum weight listed as?

cmcki737

It is an open box from an online over stock. Do the new ones have a higher RF'ing limit?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
cmcki737 said:
It is an open box from an online over stock. Do the new ones have a higher RF'ing limit?

They have a lower RF minimum. (4 lbs vs 5?)

penguingrooves

cmcki737 said:

the new ones go from 3 lbs to 33 lbs RFing, so only lowered minimum weight limit. and definitely with a rear tether. both of mine purchased in october were manufactured in august '11.

cmcki737

I have 4 of the old style ones and hate the tether clips and am excited for the upgraded ones on this one!

cmcki737

Well I do not think I can keep it, when it arrived it appears someone bought a black one with at 12/2011 DOM and returned it the same day after resealing the box with a brown one inside instead that had a 2009 DOM :( people suck!

Phineasmama

Well I do not think I can keep it, when it arrived it appears someone bought a black one with at 12/2011 DOM and returned it the same day after resealing the box with a brown one inside instead that had a 2009 DOM :( people suck!

:eek: Isn't that like...stealing???

cmcki737

It is definitly stealing and even worse they removed the back plate that covers the straps so the seat is unsafe for anyone to use and someone else might have used it without knowing the part was missing...people never cease to amaze me with how low they will go :(

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
FYI, it's ok to remove the back plate. But still, yes, it's an unfair and, frankly, infuriating situation. Hopefully you can return it without issue.

cmcki737

Good to know on the back plate I destroyed a seat once bc I thought it posed a catching risk having the harness exposed.

crunchierthanthou

Good to know on the back plate I destroyed a seat once bc I thought it posed a catching risk having the harness exposed.

:confused: Really? Wouldn't you just get a new cover? or you know, read the manual...?

Once I ordered an open box MA70 from Wayfair, and it was an old style BV inside the new box. They were great about it, and just refunded my money straight out- no return or anything.

cmcki737

The manual and seat both say you cannot use the seat without the back plate... I have read both

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC