Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Angle check please!

Safety first Avenue install RF with seat belt in a 2010 Toyota Camry.
    The first picture is from the first installation with a towel at 30 degrees. Because the techs here said it was too upright we made a second installation.
    The second picture is from the second installation with the pyramid of pool noodles at 40 degrees. This was perfect for the baby, she was comfy and there was no head slump wile sleeping.
    Last edited by lourdes; 03-18-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

That looks good. Were you able to teach the parents how to install?

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Angle check please!

Yes, that looks like somewhere around 40 to me. Much better for sleeping for a 1 year old.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 12, Bridget, 10, Maggie, 8, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

It was 40.2 with the ihandy level app, yes I told her what to do and she made the installation, the only thing I help was to check the movement, she is one of those parents that listen and want to do it right, the dad ask me when she was going to ride FF, he ask about the legs, I just show him the most recent picture of my DD in her Radian, and I put my DD in the Avenue to show him how she fits without any problems, so he says that he is on board to 2 y/o but he doesn't think he will like it after that, but just that is a big difference from yesterday that he was ready to turn her FF. I will print some information for him to read, hopefully he can be on board until 3?
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

Great job lourdes!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Quote Originally Posted by hrice
    Great job lourdes!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    Thanks! First thing I am going to do when I move to SC is to take the "tech" course!
    Lourdes

I missed your response somehow. Isn't it a great feeling when parents take your advice and follow through?! I'm glad you were able to help them- I'm just waiting to be able to take the tech course too

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org (auto correct gone wild)

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna
    I missed your response somehow. Isn't it a great feeling when parents take your advice and follow through?! I'm glad you were able to help them- I'm just waiting to be able to take the tech course too

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org (auto correct gone wild)
    Yes it is!
    Lourdes