Question I was offered a 2007 radian 80sl from fellow erf ..thoughts?

onegirly

I have been posting on my local moms group and a fellow erf Mom has offered me her mod 2007 radian 80sl ...what is the life left in the seat...and is this a good offer

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's got three years left. So if you're paying about 3/8 of the original price, or less, and you trust her with your baby's life, it's a good deal.

Wendy

Brigala

CPST Instructor
You can buy a brand new one for about $220 these days (the new model name for that seat is the R120). That converts to about $27 per year. If you don't need it longer than the three years it has left in it, and she's selling it for under about $85 (minus any adjustments for condition or missing parts) then it's a reasonable price. But you need to be sure you get a full and complete history on the seat and that you trust her with your child's life as Wendy says. Some people, sadly, will lie about a seat's history in order to make a buck and will sell a seat they wouldn't trust with their own child in it. Others may mean well but may not know things about the proper care and feeding of a car seat (such as it being a no-no to put the straps in the wash machine).

onegirly

This is why I'm so grateful for a site like this! Your reply is confirming my hesitation. At first I was like wow what a nice gesture! I just needed to hear it from someone else.

mom of six

Two thing to note with a 2007 Radian

1. The RF weight limit is only 33 lbs

2. The straps are not removable/replaceable.

If you are wanting to RF past about 3, depending on where your child is on the growth curve, this may not be the deal you think it is.

jeminijad

Two thing to note with a 2007 Radian

1. The RF weight limit is only 33 lbs

2. The straps are not removable/replaceable.

If you are wanting to RF past about 3, depending on where your child is on the growth curve, this may not be the deal you think it is.

This, and wouldn't a 2007 be pre SL?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC