Vent You won't believe what I just saw!

AuntieKatie

My cousin's mother just posted a photo of her 7 month baby in a backless booster seat! And not just a 'haha look how little he is' photo, he was actually in a car while it was moving! It was a limousine but that doesn't make it okay! I'm furious right now! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ADS

AuntieKatie

I said "wow... Are you driving in this pic? I hope not. Is there a reason he isn't in his actual carseat? You do realize that if you were in an accident like this, he would die right?!"
This is the woman who boostered her older kids at 2 in no-back turbos and couldn't wait for her (very short) son to turn 8 so she could unbooster him. He's 10 now and still doesn't come close to 5 stepping :( I usually have to just look away but I couldn't hold my tongue this time.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I would download a copy of that picture and turn it over to the cops. Maybe they can go give her a stern talking-to.

AuntieKatie

She came back with "lol we were's moving we were just playing in the limo and his brother bucked him in"
This should make me feel better but I don't believe for a second that they were parked. The caption of the pic was 'Alex's first limo ride' ... I think I am going to save the pic and call the police and see if they'll do something. I just know that I won't be able to live with myself if something happens to him :(

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm sorry but that is flat out stupidity. Some 7 month olds cannot even sit unsupported.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Honestly, I'd leave it alone. Contrary to your first post stating you knew they were driving, you don't seem to be certain they were. You asked her if they were driving, she said they weren't. The pic's caption isn't proof of anything; her story easily could be true and the caption a cute way to define the pic.

I understand you're concerned, but making assumptions and jumping on her with accusatory comments probably isn't going to get you anywhere with educating her. You may wish to rethink your approach.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
TechnoGranola said:
Honestly, I'd leave it alone. Contrary to your first post stating you knew they were driving, you don't seem to be certain they were. You asked her if they were driving, she said they weren't. The pic's caption isn't proof of anything; her story easily could be true and the caption a cute way to define the pic.

I understand you're concerned, but making assumptions and jumping on her with accusatory comments probably isn't going to get you anywhere with educating her. You may wish to rethink your approach.

I agree with that. Also, in some places limos are exempt from car seat laws. Not saying it's safe, but it may not be illegal. Even if it is, the photo isn't proof of anything, and the police won't be able to do anything with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC