Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Does this look too upright?

I did my best to check the level with an app while he was sitting in the seat and not in the seat. My best guess is around 29 degrees. Does it look okay or too upright? Anything obviously off? It's the third row passenger outboard side of a 09 Sienna.

Attachment 15446

Attachment 15447

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    Last edited by Little Ps Mama; 04-25-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Lauren, mommy to:
    Philip 9/4/2008, Affix w/ SS
    Andrew 8/17/2010, harnessed Nauti
    Lydia 1/14/2013, ERF MR65
    Sophia 3/18/15, SR30

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Re: Does this look too upright?

This blog has pictures that will let you see what the seat looks like at 30*. http://carseatblog.com/16125/new-dua...angle-success/

This picture here: http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/up...2/DSC05116.jpg The seat is at a 30* recline. It obviously looks different from your seat because of the anti-rebound bolsters on it, but if you look at the angle of the seatback, it gives you a comparison anyways.

I'd say your's is definitely too upright. I'd recline it a bit more.

eta: Where did you check the level? There's a very different angle between the center of the child's back and the actual headrest - about 10* difference.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

4. Thank You from:

Re: Does this look too upright?

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post

eta: Where did you check the level? There's a very different angle between the center of the child's back and the actual headrest - about 10* difference.
    Thank you! I checked it against the interior of the seat, closer to his back. I'm definitely going to recline it a bit more though. If he fell asleep I'm pretty sure his head would slump forward.
    Lauren, mommy to:
    Philip 9/4/2008, Affix w/ SS
    Andrew 8/17/2010, harnessed Nauti
    Lydia 1/14/2013, ERF MR65
    Sophia 3/18/15, SR30