Did you use an infant car seat?

livilou

When your LO(s) was a newborn, did you use an infant car seat and later switch to convertible or were they in a convertible from birth?

If you used a convertible from birth, which one did you use?

ADS

lovemy2kidstw

With DD I used an infant bucket for the 1st four months & then she went to a marathon 65 RF of course. She just got too heavy to carry around.

With DS I used the bucket until he was 8-9 months old just because it was easier to carry him in it, since DD was only 19 mo when he was born. It made it easier when shopping. I set DS's bucket in the cart & hooked DD in the basket.

skylinphoto

I'm pretty sure I used an infant seat with my ds until 6 months old.
With my dd, I used an infant seat until around 8 months because she was a lightweight and easy to carry while in the seat. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

tiggercat

I used an infant bucket with my eldest, found out later it was recalled and expired, oops! Outgrown at 3 months or so, big baby.

I skipped the infant seat with my daughter in 2005, went straight to a classic Britax Marathon. She was 10lbs, long torso, and just barely even with the bottom harness slots. I carried her in a sling anyway, so it wasn't a big deal not to have a bucket.

I used an infant seat for my youngest, graco snugride 32. I switched him to a convertible well before he outgrew the SR (10 months maybe?) since he wanted to be more upright and I had someone who needed his SR more than I did ;) I left the bucket in the car a lot anyway, since Sam preferred to be carried.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

aetj115

I used a bucket with my older 3 and just got a chicco bucket for this baby. I used graco with the other 3.

featherhead

With my first I used an infant seat till 7 months, when I switched to a Radian. With my second I used an infant seat till 3 months then switched to an EFTA. With my third I will probably switch to a convertible in a month or two, once it is warmer. Not sure which convertible yet.

Pixels

#1 bucket until 4-5 months or so in my car, then convertible for a short while, then back in the bucket for the winter. She stayed in the bucket in DH's car from birth through the winter. Switched her permanently in both vehicles in the spring, so around 9 months or so. Bucket outgrown right at 1yo and 22 lbs, by height and weight simultaneously.

#2 bucket until 5 months or so in my car, then convertible. He is still in the bucket in DH's car but we use it like a convertible.

#3 will be in the bucket in my van. We aren't going to do 3-across in DH's car and don't anticipate putting baby in his car. There will be two convertibles in DH's car that can be used with any combination of kids. DD1 and DS can both use the Radian on the same settings (just tighten/loosen the harness), and I'll probably put the TrueFit in for DS or DD2 because it can easily be switched back and forth.

stephpook

I used a bucket for the first 4-5 months with my first three. My fourth has been in a Graco My Ride since birth.

kater-tot82

We used a KeyFit 30 infant seat from birth through the winter...switched to a convertible around 7 months.

I would probably do the same again, because I have a school aged kid and do a lot of running around with her, it is convenient for me to just be able to take the infant seat in and out.

newyorkDOC

Yes. We live in Europe so DD ride in a cabriofix until just before her 1st bday when she outgrew it for height. But I had already chosen a TWE for her convertible so she needed to be 9kg before moving over. She JUST made it.

I loved the bucket. We have a bug bee and just snapped it into the frame. It was so much easier to travel back then! I hated traveling with a convertible on the plane.

DS bucket until 6mo than moved in to a roundabout 40 rf than into a Radian rf at 2 when the rb expired
DD1 infant bucket until 1 year than rf in a comfort sport
DD2 is 4 months old in the bucket until she's a year old than she will get the cs and I am going to get DD2 a MyRide or a complete air

Kegracin

I used a snugride with #1 because well I thought thats what you where supposed to do. He was huge and out grew it really fast he then went in to a marathon because 8yrs ago it was my best option.

With #2 I went with an infant seat as well because he was a winter baby and I think the bucket is easier in the winter. He used the seat for 6m then his sister who is 13m younger also a used the seat. #2 out grew the seat at 13m #3 at 9m. Had they had been summer babies I would have skipped the infant seat.

Anne

I used an infant carrier with DD until about 10 months. Though I stopped taking the carrier in and out long before that.

This baby is going into a Coccoro.

MommyShannon

I did with my first 3 until about 5 months. After that they were too scrunched and heavy so I moved them to convertibles. They were in daycare so it helped get in and out easier. This time our plan is to skip it since I will wear the baby in the moby, beco, or ergo mostly. In parking lots I need my hands free for DS and DD2 so carrying an infant carrier is not ideal. I rarely kept DD2 in the infant carrier going places besides into daycare. She was much happier being worn.
This baby will get DD2s RA55 with the infant insert added.

jeminijad

Buckets for both, for the first 4 months. DD1 had an older SR22, then went into a Marathon as soon as she could fit. DD2 had an SR35 but it got heavy, then went into a True Fit.

Phineasmama

Yep, I prefer using an infant seat and switching later.

DD1 I used a Graco Safeseat
DS I used a Snugride 22
DD2 I am currently using a Cybex Aton. We'll be switching in about 2 months I think.

laurengt

SR32 until 6 mos and I couldn't/didn't want to carry him in it anymore. (I still miss the convenience of snapping the bucket into the uppababy frame and going about my errands.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC