My DS is picking out a carseat

Tiffanie

:ROTFLMAO: He's 5 years old and he's a riot...he's serious about his choices too.

He likes the Regent..in Madison!
He also likes the Radian in the Princess!!!

:ROTFLMAO:

Oh gosh I couldn't contain myself when he said that. I was thinking he'd like the Regent in black, but nope, his favorite color happens to be pink :rolleyes:

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
:ROTFLMAO::2thumbsup::ROTFLMAO::2thumbsup::ROTFLMAO:

Omg that is so funny!! When I would go shopping when DS #2 was little he would pull me over to women's clothes to tell me "Mama this is really nice. I think it will make you and me look pretty" If someone was with me they were :ROTFLMAO: HE was dead serious and would get upset if I did not buy it.

broken4u05

when i go to a store with the boys i watch that have car seats Jack always sits in the girl seats. The new butterfly one. Any pink or purple one. I just dont get it. Are you going to let him get a pink seat?

vlsnodg

:ROTFLMAO: My DS also wants the Regent in Madison. I did not think his father would go for a pink cover. When I told him he said why not. If britax every sales just the cover he can get one if he still wants one.:whistle:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Go for it! Leila's 1st ever best friend was a boy who immensly enjoyed having Leila dress him in heels, tutus & fluffy boa :love: They used to both actually plan what fancy outfits they'd try the following day & had a monopoly on the dress up center :p

cheerbop

This is exactly the way my DS 3yo is. He wanted the pink crocs (no way--dad got him blue) he wants the pink or purple seats and strollers.
I just had to laugh at this. Now I can tell hubby ours isn't the only boy that does this!!:ROTFLMAO:

Leila

My four year old is the same way! He carries a purse (which his father must call a "man bag"), always asks for the girl toy when he gets a happy meal, wears Bratz sunglasses (well he did, he's got Rx sunglasses now--just plain blue, though he did want the lilac pair--again.), has purple mock crocs and has asked for a girly car seat to replace his Granite Radian. :D It cracks me up and freaks out my DH and other DS. :ROTFLMAO:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
LOL! My 4 1/2 yr old son wants the Regent in Madison, too! He said he wants it b/c it's colorful and not boring...

sb518

That's cute lol, I say let him get the pink one! My 5 yr old niece didn't like the madison when I showed it to her, she told me she wanted the sahara one, I couldn't beleive it!

Tiffanie

Well he's going to be in my DD's Marathon for this week when we are out and about (I had to do major carseat adjustments because I'm doing the pick up for 4 extra kids for VBS this week). so I have a funny feeling he's going to love the cushioniness of the MA :D I can just see him now asking my DH for the Madison seat. :ROTFLMAO:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I still say let him get it.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a "girl seat" or a "girl toy." They are just seats and toys. :)

Tiffanie

Not surprising to me, he's changing his mind for the black one because his best friend has a black car seat (or could be brown, the thing is filthy). Too bad, I really like the pink

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Bazanna's son is 5 and loves the Ahsley Floral cover. My son wore ear shadow and blush when he was 4.

littleangelfire

My son likes the floral print Marathon at Target. He, too asks for the girl toy at McDonald's, though I can't say I blame him. I mean, in the whole feminist movement thing, the guys lost somestuff. The girl seats ARE nicer to look at and more colorful - how many boy themed seats are even out there? Besides the backless boosters?I sure haven't seen any. Girls get flowers and butterflies and pink purple and blue. Boys get...Black. And Brown. and occaisonally navy blue - whoppiiee! LOL Not to be a major downer on this crack me up thread (I was SOOOOO comforted to hear that my son, parented by me as a single parent with no good male role model isn't the only one that does this!) but I think that's why. I mean, at Mcdonald's right now, the boys get a tire that flies of a stick and the girls get intricate Hello Kitty cosmetic kits/jewelry boxes. The boy toy is no gosh darned fun. :( Just my :twocents: I don't think i could bear to have my son in a pink seat, but I would happily take him to a craft store to pick out patches or embroidery to put on a plain cover to make it more fun for him.

singingpond

I wouldn't have any trouble letting my DS ride in a 'girl's' seat, as long as I liked to look at the pattern too, LOL (no thank you on that new Daisy Daze Scenera cover, for example -- looks like a 60's motel shower curtain to me :p ). My older DS (just turned 6) still happily rides a glaring pink bicycle he inherited from a (girl) cousin, and he really likes flowers, so I can imagine him going for a so-called 'girl's' carseat cover. My one fear would be that peer pressure might hit a year down the road, and then he might refuse to sit in the seat :) . My 6 y.o. is just starting to become aware that there are apparently 'girl' colors and 'boy' colors (as dictated by other little kids, anyway).

Katrin (who just bought an Erin Marathon for DS#2)

momof2kiddos

That is so cute!! :ROTFLMAO:

Dh nor I would never let *my* little guy ride in a pink seat though :p,that is just us though.But I could see why he would want the cover it is colorful.:love:

momof2kiddos

My son likes the floral print Marathon at Target. He, too asks for the girl toy at McDonald's, though I can't say I blame him. I mean, in the whole feminist movement thing, the guys lost somestuff. The girl seats ARE nicer to look at and more colorful - how many boy themed seats are even out there? Besides the backless boosters?I sure haven't seen any. Girls get flowers and butterflies and pink purple and blue. Boys get...Black. And Brown. and occaisonally navy blue - whoppiiee! LOL Not to be a major downer on this crack me up thread (I was SOOOOO comforted to hear that my son, parented by me as a single parent with no good male role model isn't the only one that does this!) but I think that's why. I mean, at Mcdonald's right now, the boys get a tire that flies of a stick and the girls get intricate Hello Kitty cosmetic kits/jewelry boxes. The boy toy is no gosh darned fun. :( Just my :twocents: I don't think i could bear to have my son in a pink seat, but I would happily take him to a craft store to pick out patches or embroidery to put on a plain cover to make it more fun for him.

Funny you say this...ITA with you.While i wouldnt let my son ride in a pink seat I would totally let him play with girl toys(which he does) :thumbsup: oh also I agree with the kids meal comment,my ds get the hello kitty thing now too because he is bored witht he tire too,they should make cooler boy things:cool:

Morganthe

LOL -- dd and I are disapointed in the Hello Kitty items at McD's right now. There's only so much fun a pencil, a tiny pad of paper, and a plastic case can make! We both wanted the flying thingy that all the boys were enjoying :p

Purple has always been a powerful leader's color. (expensive and hard to make dye) It's only been recent that us women have taken it over :p Britax could have a very boyish purple and blue pattern if they decided to set their minds to it. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC