Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

BMW X5 Seat Configuration

I have a FF Boulevard CS and a RF Boulevard CS in a BMW X5. One of them will be replaced soon with a Frontier. My question is this: Would the Boulevard fit in the middle (without LATCH, I know) with the Frontier next to it? The RF Boulevard is causing the passenger seat to be SO far forward that it is super uncomfortable for the passenger. We can't seem to figure out how to make it work in that spot. Would it work in the middle with the Frontier next to it? Seems like it may be too tight. Has anyone done this?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    Have you tried installing the Blvd morr upright? As long as the child has good head control it can be as upright as 30°

I had a RF Marathon behind my passenger seat with no problem. I'd try to adjust yours more upright because no, it's not going to fit next to a Frontier. I could not get a Frontier in mine even using much narrower seats next to it.
    Last edited by An Aurora; 02-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

CPS Fanatic
    Reinstall it putting pressure where the childs feet would go, to bring the seat more upright; it still has to be in the reclined setting mechanically, but you can manually put it more upright.

Re: BMW X5 Seat Configuration

Thanks so much. If I can get it closer to 30 degrees, and assuming that helps enough with the passenger seat, is it okay for the seats to touch? I mean, is it okay for the top of the Boulevard to touch the back of the passenger seat?

CPS Fanatic
    Check your vehical manual. Do you have advanced airbags? If it says something like not to hang things from the seat, not to let kids put their feet on it, then you probably have advanced airbags. Generally if you do then no they cannot, but Britax allows bracing (forceably pushed into the front seat) if your vehical allows.

Yeah, it does have advanced airbags, so I guess no bracing or touching. Of course, that sort of complicates things!

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyourveggies
    Yeah, it does have advanced airbags, so I guess no bracing or touching. Of course, that sort of complicates things!
    It depends on the car. Some manufacturers don't allow touching with advanced airbags; others do. Check your owners manual in both the child restraint and airbag sections.

What year is the X5?

Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora View Post
    What year is the X5?
    It's a 2011. The manual has one line about not hanging anything from the back of the seat, so I assume that means it shouldn't touch. But, I did actually manage to get everything set up so the seat is not touching and a passenger can ride comfortably. Thanks so much for all the help and advice!

Awesome, glad you got it figured out!