Best places to buy online?

I'm in the process of trying to choose a couple of new HBBs for my son who has outgrown his Nautilus (thread about this whole thing elsewhere). With the exception of one of my possibilities (Britax Parkway SGL), none are available anywhere locally so it looks like I will be buying online. Any suggestions for the best places to do that? One thing super important to me is the ability to return it without having to pay enormous shipping and/or restocking fees. My son has some mild sensory issues and is VERY black or white about the comfort of the seats. Plus, of course, don't know how he'd fit in them or how they'd fit in the 2-3 cars that need to be outfitted.

Suggestions? Good/bad experiences with certain places? Thanks!

ETA - just realized this was probably better placed in the shopping section?...if a mod could move it if nec?

ADS

gagenivy

I got a great deal on albeebaby-I have never tried a return with them. My friend really likes diapers.com and hasn't had a return issue with them.

YinzerMama

I think if you order albee baby you need to be damn sure you want it... you have to pay to ship back and then I think they have a restocking fee.

i hate restocking fees.

Athena

Both Diapers.com and Amazon.com have free returns.

:yeahthat: Those are the only two sites I've found for these situations. If buying on amazon, make sure the seat is sold by Amazon (not a third party) and that is says free returns (should state it next to the price). I've returned to both places with no troubles. And they tend to have fairly recent DOMs too, at least that's been my experience. I got a seat from Amazon that was manufactured just two weeks prior to its arrival at my door. That made me very happy.

kadora

Do the free returns at Diapers.com and Amazon.com only refer to unopened items? If you ordered a stroller, put it together and just tried it out in your living room, do you have to pay to ship that back, then?

Dunno about diapers.com, but I asked amazon if I bought a car seat, opened the box, installed the seat, then found that it didn't work with my vehicle, could I send it back for full refund as well as not having to pay the return shipping. They wrote back and said that yes, if I found it to be "different than I expected", they would refund in full etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC