What kind of car do you drive?

MaKoski

My daily driver is a 1998 Dodge Durango. Color= Red and Rust :p
It has about 200,000 miles on it and I'm afraid to bring it to the car wash because chunks of my car will fall off and it will just make the holes bigger. We have a Graco Nautalis behind my seat(driver) and a Graco MyRide65 RF behind the passenger seat.

My Husband drives a 2002 Buick LeSabre. About 160,000ish miles, it's been in 3 or 4 collisions. Currently without carseats in it. #2 out grew her second seat and the new one we got for #1 was "defective".

Most of our other cars didn't come with seat belts in the back seat... so kids don't get to ride in our classic cars.

ADS

canadiangie

I drive a white 09 Honda Pilot EXL with 68,000kms.
Dh drives a black 08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with 82,000kms.

I only have seats in the Pilot right now. Too lazy to put seats in the Lancer.

We also have our 03 Explorer still, but it needs to be cleaned, listed and sold. Too lazy to do that too. Meh. I think it has 173,000kms.

cpsaddict

I drive an 07 Ford Escape(47k on it) with a Frontier and a Safeseat in it. DH drives an 04 Dodge Ram 1500(117k on it) with a classic Marathon for DD and a rf Marathon 70 for DS.

Phineasmama

We have a brand new (to us) 2010 Grand Caravan which is my primary vehicle now. It has 15 thousand miles.

Our other vehicle is a 2009 Honda CR-V with 60K miles that will now be DHs primary vehicle.

PunkyMonkey

I (proudly typing this) have a brand new Honda Pilot! It's dark cherry pearl with all black leather int so I named her CherryCoke :love: and I also call it "my pirate"

I just traded in my beloved 06 Acura TL which I would have driven until the wheels fell off but there just isn't any room in there for anything other than the three of us. My poor dog hasn't gotten to go anywhere since I had the baby so it was time for a bigger vehicle!

Just traded in my motorcycle too (07 Suzuki GSX-r)... I'm in mom mode and can't be bothered with such a dangerous hobby (sniff lol I miss her) and also sold my very much beloved play car which I've owned since I turned 18 because it was breaking my heart seeing it rot away in my drive way since I had DD.. no time to play with it my 98 nissan 240sx SE :love: "Greena" I could barely fit a SR22 baseless in there... DD wouldn't have been able to ride in that until she was FF and even then I'd probably have to eat the dash!

Anywho back to my cherry, I am in love. Never in my life had a brand new car... I watched it unload off the truck, watched them peel the plastic off of it and they took it for a drive, I test drove it and they filled the whole tank up with gas and I drove it off the lot with 10 miles on it!

So far I have only gotten to play carseats (what DH calls it lol) for a few minutes because we've been so busy but one of these nights after DD is in bed I am going to take all the seats I own and see what fits where :D

But on a daily we have DDs new Blvd outboard passenger in 2nd row and third row is stowed.

DH drives a variety of things, he's always collecting beaters, trading them, building stuff, swapping stuff and never has just *his* car so he never has seats or drives DD anywhere unless we're together in my car or he just borrows mine for a quick trip to store with DD. We don't really share vehicles... mostly because I wouldn't be caught dead in any of the things he's "working on" lol!! Oh the joys of being with a mechanic with way too many mechanical hobbies! :love:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Just traded in my motorcycle too (07 Suzuki GSX-r)...

And here I thought that, on a forum full of safety freaks, I was the only one who rode...?! I gave it up between #2 and #3, and when I moved from California to British Columbia. People here just don't pay attention enough when driving to justify a bike here.

-N.

PunkyMonkey

And here I thought that, on a forum full of safety freaks, I was the only one who rode...?! I gave it up between #2 and #3, and when I moved from California to British Columbia. People here just don't pay attention enough when driving to justify a bike here.

-N.

Well I loved riding but I rarely did because around here its really a death wish!!! :thumbsdown:

StillThankful

1994 Honda Accord
Dh forbids anything else but EFTAs in his car:p But I did sneak the TFP in there for now. Therefore, right now an EFTA 65 Sandbox is in there for DD1 and TFP rf for DD2.

1995 Honda Odyssey
RF RNXTSL for DD2
FR 85 Maui for DD1

Spares--still looking for a "car-home"
MR 65 (Sonata and Deco)
EFTA 50
Secure Kid 400 (may have to return--I never installed it and it's just sitting in the box not being used:()

Update:
Snuck the EFTAs out of DH's car--RF MR outboard/ FF RNXTSL Center

Odyssey now has the EFTA 65 Sandbox Rfing instead of the RNXTSL.

Still looking for a home: TFP & EFTA 50. (Returned the SK400:() Nice seat but it was just sitting in the box w/ the plastic still on the cup holders)

Last edited:

Little Ps Mama

Emi's Mommy said:
DH drives a 2007 Dodge Charger whom I think he may love more than me. The back seat is about 8 miles wide and the trunk could fit dead bodies. It's a wonderful highway car as it rides like a cloud and is so spacious. He's got a rfing MR installed centre with his seat all the way back and it still doesn't even touch. And I could probably comfortably put true fits outboard. I'd try it but he doesn't like me messing with his car.

I used to have one of those. AMAZING sedan for car seats. I sure do miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Little Ps Mama

2009 sienna 8-passenger. I pink sparkly heart my van!

2010 ford fusion (company vehicle) not so much in love. I hate the slippery upholstery and the contours in the backseat. It's feels SO cramped and not luxurious compared to the sienna!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

NVMBR02

Late to the game but as of 2 days ago I drive a 2012 Honda Pilot EXL in Dark Cherry Pearl with black leather. I :love: it.

I haven't fully decided on our car seat set up but for now I have a SK Monterey in the third row, passenger side, a clek olli 2nd row passenger side and a rfing Myride65 2nd row drivers side.

I might change things around a bit but for now I am happy with this set up.

Dh is currently driving a 2009 Ford Fusion. We currently have an old style parkway passenger side, RFing RadianXTSL center and a literider drivers side.

oddduck

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion with a RFing TF and FFing Marathon.

DH has a 2001 Pontiac Montana with a RFing MR and a FFing Nautilus

My mom has a 2004 Chev Silverado 2500 Crew Cab with a RFing Scenera and FFing Maestro.

miraclebabies

I drive a Cadillac Escalade.. with a rf Marathon, ff Marathon and a Frontier 85

Dh drive a BMW 525.. with a spare Scerena in it, I want a Maestro as a spare to keep in there..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC