1 graco snugride
1 graco comfortsport RF
1 graco comfortsport FF
1 sunshine kids radian FF
1 sunshine kids radian FF and 1 graco snugride
1 sunshine kids radian FF and 1 graco comfortsport RF
1 sunshine kids radian FF and 1 sunshine kids radian RF
1 evenflo big kid high back and 1 sunshine kids radian RF

Who was behind the driver and who was behind the passenger has switched out frequently as our needs have changed, right now we have the RF radian behind the driver, the evenflo booster behind the passenger.

My kids are 4.5 (very tall, torso is now too tall for a radian and a frontier does not fit in a beetle) and 2.5 (also tall, hoping to make it another year RF in the radian, but may be too tall before then)

laudymama

I drive a 2006 Pilot and have had a keyfit, Alpha Omega Elite RF, and Advocate 70 Rf all in the center. DH drives a 2002 GTI with a My Ride RF center. Grandma has a 2008 Edge with a XTSL RF center- that was the hardest install, ended up needing a locking clip!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I have a BMW X5, just sold our Ford Explorer and are replacing that with a used Suburban until we get our Nissan NV3500 12-passenger van :)

cupcakepirate11

2004 Toyota Corolla, (named the car Carl, dunno why Im sharing that)
I own a Britax marathon 70 cow and am waiting on a diono rxt in the mail. Soon I will also have either a britax diplomat or a britax bucket seat in there as well, depends.

Other cars
Grammys car- 2006 scion xb, marathon works like a dream in it
Aunts car- Honda pilot no idea what year, marathon works beautifullly in any 2nd row position.

tiggercat

I'm driving a 2002 Dodge caravan, right now with a Diono Monterey and a Diono RXT, plus my 5 stepping 11 yr old.

I'm looking to get a smaller car with better gas mileage, but with enough space for my 3 kiddos.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

love-pink

I just bought (not even a week ago :love: ) a 2008 Impala LT. Ive had an RXT, FR85, and Literiders installed so far.

DH drives (my previous vehicle) a 2006 Envoy XL. Ive had about every seat made in there! Never had any problems installing anything that I can remember ;) If you can afford the gas it's a nice family suv!

MorgieBear'sMama

I drive a 2001 mazda mpv, dh a 2002 trailblazer.

Right now we have 2 OnSide air's, monterey, and a turbo booster. We're waiting on a Cleck olli, 2 diono r120's and 2 Recaro ProRide's.

amyd

I drive a 2010 Mazda 5 and :love: it. Currently I have a FFing SKJP XT and a Graco Safeseat in the captain's chairs and a RFing Diono RXT and a Graco Nautilus in the third row. It's an awesome car for seats.

livilou

2004 Toyota Corolla, (named the car Carl, dunno why Im sharing that)
I own a Britax marathon 70 cow and am waiting on a diono rxt in the mail. Soon I will also have either a britax diplomat or a britax bucket seat in there as well, depends.

Other cars
Grammys car- 2006 scion xb, marathon works like a dream in it
Aunts car- Honda pilot no idea what year, marathon works beautifullly in any 2nd row position.
:ROTFLMAO:

I just bought (not even a week ago :love: ) a 2008 Impala LT. Ive had an RXT, FR85, and Literiders installed so far.

DH drives (my previous vehicle) a 2006 Envoy XL. Ive had about every seat made in there! Never had any problems installing anything that I can remember ;) If you can afford the gas it's a nice family suv!

I'll keep that in mind. We're good with our car now but when we have another baby, I'm thinking more along the lines of an SUV maybe.

jess71903

Ambassador
2005 Expedition :love: with a RF TFP and a ProSport

DH drives a 2006 Altima with a FF TF, and we just move DD's TFP to it when we use it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DH's commuter car which I borrow whenever I can: 2008 Scion xB, called "Big Blue" by the kids. It is blue but it's not big. :p

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-passenger, dubbed "Princess Gold" by the kids.

Update: We replaced the Sienna with a 2011 Prius. It's red and no nickname for it yet but I'm expecting the kids will dub it something like Ruby or Big Red any day now. :)

Last edited:

lovemy2kidstw

I drive a 2008 suburban. DD is outboard behind driver in a FR85. DS is outboard behind passenger in a MA70 RF. My 2nd row is bench seats, wish I would have got the suburban with 2 seats in 2nd row & 3 in the 3rd row, oh well.

DH drives a 2002 ford f350. DS rides in the middle RF in a Evenflo Triumph 65. DD is riding in an Evenflo tribute & an ALpha sport. She has about 1/2 an inch & 1 lb before she outgrows both seats. The Alpha only harnesses to 40lb & I would not put her in booster mode at just turning 3. We are going to be getting a new seat for DH's truck for DD very soon.

noahsmom24

DH's commuter car which I borrow whenever I can: 2008 Scion xB, called "Big Blue" by the kids. It is blue but it's not big. :p

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-passenger, dubbed "Princess Gold" by the kids.

Tell me more about the '08 Scion :) Have you had to replace anything so far on it, I ask that because I have seen these and wonder if I could afford to replace parts. Do you know if FR85 fits in middle seat in the rear? Do you :love: it or is it just Meh...?

Haley.h87

I drive a 2011 Mazda 3 and love it! DD is RF in a MyRide behind my drivers seat or in her RN XTSL that is installed in the center RF. The little girl I babysit rides in the XTSL when I have her and then DD is in the MR 65.

DH drives a 2005 GMC Sierra extended cab and DD rides in another XTSL in there or an Evenflo Titan Elite

Last edited:

stephpook

I drive a 2007 Honda Odyssey with a Monterey, Parkway SGL, Radian 65, and a My Ride (both convertibles are RF in the captains chairs).

My husband drives a 2007 Lexus ES350. The older two boys (who are boostered) are the only kids who usually ride in his car, although we did manage to just barely squeeze in 2 TB's and a RF EFTA once.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Tell me more about the '08 Scion :) Have you had to replace anything so far on it, I ask that because I have seen these and wonder if I could afford to replace parts. Do you know if FR85 fits in middle seat in the rear? Do you :love: it or is it just Meh...?

Overall we're pretty happy with the '08 xB. We like that it has standard side curtain and front side torso airbags, stability control, and enough head room for freakishly long torsoed DH with its boxy shape. I really like driving it and it's very easy to park around town compared to the Sienna in the tighter parking spaces in parking garages or at newer parking lots with tinier parking spaces. It's a bit of a gas hog for a small car IMHO due to its 3250 lb. curb weight, cubicle-like shape (DH jokingly calls it his cubicle on wheels :p) and ~150+ HP 2.4L engine. Previous gen. xBs (pre-2008 models) had smaller engines and lighter weights with correspondingly better mpg, but didn't have side curtain airbags and had poor IIHS side impact crash scores. I get mid-20s mpg at best in mixed driving in our '08 xB, low 20s mpg in all city driving, and 28-29 mpg at best on the highway. I can get 25-26 mpg on the highway in our Sienna, and only 17-19 mpg on average in the city (another reason why I like to drive the xB around town if possible for the city gas mileage savings over time). I haven't installed a Frontier in the xB, but a Regent installed just fine in the rear center using the seatbelt and I'd expect a Frontier would install there, too. There are 2 full sets of LATCH outboard, and like parent brand Toyota, LATCH borrowing is not allowed for the center. Tether anchors are located on the rear seatback for each rear seating position.

Funny you ask about repairs. Until late last week, I would have said no repairs other than regular maintenance like oil changes, and replacing some adverse road condition damage/wear and tear. The xB had a cracked windshield from a freeway stone/grael chip a year or two ago that wasn't the car's fault, and a bent standard steel wheel rim last year thanks to a pothole. The windshield was covered by our car insurance minus the deductible, and the bent rim was ~$50 to replace using an extra, new standard steel wheel pulled from a new xB whose buyer upgraded to optional alloy wheels at the Toyota dealership prior to taking delivery of the vehicle (this extra wheel swap situation was the Toyota/Scion dealership's unprompted suggestion to save us $ on the wheel replacement, surprisingly). Otherwise it would have been about $150 for the wheel replacement since the xB was out of warranty by that time. Speaking of insurance, it's slightly higher to fully insure the xB than our Sienna, not all that surprising for a newer and smaller car I suppose. New tires were necessary on the xB about a year ago at 20K-something miles. The original OEM Bridgestones all season tires were disappointingly very worn at that mileage. :(

Last week an actual issue not related to potholes, wimpy OEM tires, or loose stones/gravel on the freeway popped up when the ABS, Brake and VSC (vehicle stability control) dashboard "idiot" lights stayed on to signal a problem on after the normal initial idiot light display sequence at startup. Diagnostics at the dealership indicated a short in the wiring for the rear wheel sensors (part of the VSC system) and the dealership needed to order parts to replace the wiring. I was scheduled to bring it back in today to replace the wiring for an estimated $352 (goodbye tax return $, ack!) but we're all sick with respiratory flu crud and I rescheduled taking the car back in later this week. Comparably speaking, our 2005 Sienna has 40K miles on it and hasn't needed anything other than regular maintenance, battery and tire replacement, and a couple of recall repairs so far. One true mechanical problem in 4.5 years of ownership ain't all bad really I suppose, especially compared to problems that cropped up with other cars we've owned previously over the years. I'm just bummed that it's the newer car with relatively lower miles on it that had it happen first. Sorry if this rambling on, I'm still a bit feverish. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC