Post your Nautilus/Argos pics

ADS

msg221

Here is the Argos in my '03 Highlander, without kids. I had just bought it and was seeing how easily it installs. Verdict: VERY easy with the seat belt so I didn't even bother with LATCH. I helped my friend put it in her Sienna yesterday and it was just as easy, but I completely forgot to get a pic of Nour in it! :doh: She loves it, her mom loves it, and the black cover is going to be the best thing ever after seeing how dirty the cover got on the Pink Polka Dotty TFP she was riding in!

I would love to have this for my car for the no re-thread harness and being able to adjust it without uninstalling the seat, but that new buckle being hard to use irks me. I know some people complain about head slump, but Nour had it in the Diono RN RXT yesterday in my car, so it wouldn't matter! I think I could deal with the buckle issue though if it meant I could have a no re-thread harness! Hmm, I may have to think about this one before the trade in event ends at BRU!

Anyway, here are my pics, without a kid!

P1040106-1.jpg

P1040108-1.jpg

P1040110-1.jpg

TiaxMarie

Not installed, crappy cell pics. Sophie is 4, 41lbs, 42.5"

Attachments

• image-2011435978.jpg
    image-2011435978.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2497509605.jpg
    image-2497509605.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 63

alake

This is an older one, Summer was 5 years and 6 months old. We have never owned one. We were traveling with friends and this was the seats that she had in her van. It is kind of blurry.
flm1au.jpg

She was on the third harness height.
Leah was on the second harness height at nearly four years old.

Laurelz

I appreciate the photos of the frontier next to a nautilus! :) does anyone have a picture of the same kid in both seats for comparison. I have a 3.5 yo 41lb 40in tall boy and I want to see his stats in a nautilus. He fits very well in his frontier but I'm afraid he'd look huge in a nautilus because they look so much smaller to me?

Debating on another FR for his spare.

love-pink

Laurelz said:
I appreciate the photos of the frontier next to a nautilus! :) does anyone have a picture of the same kid in both seats for comparison. I have a 3.5 yo 41lb 40in tall boy and I want to see his stats in a nautilus. He fits very well in his frontier but I'm afraid he'd look huge in a nautilus because they look so much smaller to me?

Debating on another FR for his spare.

I have another thread asking for comparison pics if you search through my posts.

zactayaus

Here are pics of ds2 in the Nauti and Frontier on the same day (these were unitstalled). He wad just turned 5yo, was about 36lbs and about 41" and had a 15" torso.

100_1771.jpg
100_1766.jpg

Laurelz

zactayaus said:
Here are pics of ds2 in the Nauti and Frontier on the same day (these were unitstalled). He wad just turned 5yo, was about 34/35lbs and about 40/41" I believe.

I think it's the shoulder area that makes me wonder about the nauti. The FR is more square making it look like there's more room. the nautilus looks as if it forms more to the body. Maybe that's whats throwing me off. Thank you!

zactayaus

I think it's the shoulder area that makes me wonder about the nauti. The FR is more square making it look like there's more room. the nautilus looks as if it forms more to the body. Maybe that's whats throwing me off. Thank you!

Yeah, I always liked the Nauti better because ds2 was such a tiny thin little peanut that I felt like it wrapped around him and kept him nice and snug where as in the Frontier I felt like he was just hanging out there there in the open with so much room on either side of him.

Also wanted to add that I actually just went and looked up his stats for those pics and I was close. He was 36lbs and about 41" and had a 15" torso.

alake

The only pictures I have of the Frontier, is the XT (Canadian). The Frontier 85`s are in my DH`s truck, and I am very rarely in it, will those work. They are not installed, but I do have comparison to Leah with her adjusted, and also with it on the top slot as a comparison.

robbertbobbert

IMG_0736-1.jpg

This is J, 4y10m. I was looking through my pictures of her in the seat and realized she is sleeping in every. single. one. She never gets headslump!

IMG_0463-1.jpg

This is G, age 4y3m. I moved the headrest down one click before we drove away. He LOVES this seat. He has never been in the seat long enough to fall asleep, he's only ever in my car to get picked up from daycare and taken to ballet.

Brianna

Here it is with the child (I caught him while he was taking off his pjs) sorry for the blur- I think he's on the second from bottom click, it could be the third. I'll try again when he's more calm

Close up of shoulder/harness

All in my 08 Malibu LT, all seat belt installs, did not TT because I just wanted quick pics, pictures are with headrest all the way down and all the way up. I did not adjust my vehicle headrest from the lowest position.
Passenger outboard

The headrest was pushed a tiny bit toward the center of the car

Center

And booster mode- on the highest setting the belt guide was slightly higher than where the belt comes out of on the seat
Outboard- again, slightly pushed it toward center of car

Center

msg221

I finally got a picture of Nour in the Argos yesterday when her mom gave me a ride to the airport. I love it. It is the perfect size for her and I am so glad that we went with this instead of a FR 85 for her. She would have been swimming in a FR 85!

I wish I had one in my car because I love the no re-thread harness!

NourinArgos.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC