Collecting postcards, I need one from each state

leighi123

We are doing a homeschool geography project similar to this one that I found, and I need a post card from each state, and even better, ones from other places in the world as well.

We will learn a little about each state, some relevant history, maybe cooking a recipe, doing a craft project, looking at state quarters and the significance of the images on them, etc. Whatever we can think of!

If you have time, will you please send us a postcard from where you live? With something from your state on it (a map, landmark, significant location, historical something, or whatever goes with your location)

If you want to write something about your state, or include anything else relevant to your state with your postcard like a state quarter, a cool leaf, photo, or whatever, that would be great too!

And if you would like one in exchange, we are are happy to send you a postcard from Florida too.

Places they sell postcards:
walgreens/CVS etc.
gas stations
airports
some grocery stores (ours has them by the greeting cards)
historical sites
tourist places
landmarks
gift shops of any sort
some post offices

Time frame: couple people have asked when we need these by. Basically, whenever you get a chance is totally fine, no rush or time limit, so if you are traveling somewhere in the future or something and can grab one for us, or are busy right now and can't send one right away, no problem! For each postcard/location we get, we are going to spend a little time studying that location, learning about it, maybe getting some books from the library, cooking some food, etc. So the whole project is going to take a while regardless. I want to get all 50 states + as many other countries as we can!

Also, if anyone has friends/family in other states/countries who can send one, that would be great too!

If you can help us out, please send me a pm and I will send you our address.

NOTE: We don't mind getting more than one post card from each state/country, I'm sure they will end up different, and people will have different perspectives of what represents their location, so its fine with me to get more than one, its just more for us to learn about, which is a good thing!

I have so far: (list of people I've sent my addy to!)

AZ (Mae)
AR (jess71903)
CA (jsta1005 and gagenivy)
CA (crazyboysmama)
CO (AtTheSouthDam)
DC (Patriot201)
Maryland DC (faithfulorangekids)
Florida (me)
GA (MorgieBear'sMama)
GA (ProudMommysince09)
Idaho (ahgirls)
Louisiana (cathleencastle)
Maine (CrunchyMaineMama
Maine (cupcakepirate11)
Massachusetts (cmm7)
Massachusetts (tylersmom)
MN (lynsgirl)
Mississippi (cathleencastle)
MI (disbugsmama)
NH (firemomof3)
North Carolina (tylersmom)
Niagara falls (Brianna)
Nebraska (2girls4me)
OH (ctbcleveland
OH (aetj115)
Oregon (post here)
PA (Kac)
Pennsylvania (jeminijad)
Rhode Island (citrine)
Kansas (Haley.h87)
Kentucky (munchkin)
Kentucky (tylersmom)
Utah (Briteliteus)
VA (Patriot201)
Vermont (cmm7)
WA (Cryssy Jane)

Vancouver, canada (Cryssy Jane)
Nigeria, London (scoutingbear)
Japan (Jasminegrl)
New Zealand (finn)

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
ADS

Mae

So very cool!! I'll look and find an Arizona one for you. Would gas stations have them? I don't have time to wander up to the Grand Canyon, or else I'd get one from there. :p Lol.

(Also, bump for you. :))

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think I can send one from VA or DC, I just need to find a place that sells them! :p As soon as I find a place that sells them, I'll PM you. :)

cmm7

I can do VT and if no one else from MA gets to you in the next week, I can send one from there when I am home for break.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Sounds like a field trip tomorrow.

I'll pm you for an address tomorrow, hopefully. Nothing I own wants to send a pm. :/

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I have to go to the post office tomorrow. I wonder whether they (or anybody else in town) have any post cards for Boring, Oregon. Hmm.

leighi123

Sent everyone above this post a pm!

I also added to my first post a list of places that often sell postcards, I never really thought about buying them, but once I looked around, they sell them a ton of different places.

Thanks everyone for your help, I think this is going to be a cool project for us to do!

Mae

Ooh, airport! The kids' parents are going back to visit in St. Louis this weekend. I could probably get you one with the Arch on it! And perhaps I could swing an Illinois one, too! I'll mention it to them and have them grab some. The kids' dad travels for work a lot, too, so I bet I could get him to grab some wherever he goes. He has a coworker in England, too ...

Oh, and just for your list, you sent me your address but I'm not on the list. :)

And Tennessee! My BFF is there. I can have her grab some cards at a gas station in Kentucky, too! (She's driving from IL to TN to visit this weekend). AHHH! I'm so excited and it isn't even my project! LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC