Foonf

livilou

Anyone wanna fill me in? I'm seeing the word a lot and I saw the pictures but ... what's the hype?

ADS

penguingrooves

- it's another high-weight-limit RF seat (to 45 lbs) for those who don't want a radian.
- it's narrow. its width is 17" at its widest, so could work well for those tricky 3-across installations. yes, a radian is also 17" wide, but how carseats puzzle can create few precious inches, so one more option is good.
- some people love how it looks and the cute covers.
- it supposedly incorporates fancy technologies that provide better safety during crashes.
- it offers rebound control via anti-rebound bar or rear tether. most RFing carseats do not offer that.

basically, more options esp for categories/features that are thin in options. i'm sure there are other reasons, but these are what popped in my head. hope this helps.

livilou

- it's another high-weight-limit RF seat (to 45 lbs) for those who don't want a radian.
- it's narrow. its width is 17" at its widest, so could work well for those tricky 3-across installations. yes, a radian is also 17" wide, but how carseats puzzle can create few precious inches, so one more option is good.
- it supposedly incorporates fancy technologies that provide better safety during crashes.
- it offers rebound control via anti-rebound bar or rear tether. most RFing carseats do not offer that.

basically, more options esp for categories/features that are thin in options. i'm sure there are other reasons, but these are what popped in my head. hope this helps.

Thanks! I'm not considering one, I was just wondering what was so special about them so that definitely helped. Thanks. :)

moonmommy

Senior Community Member

No RF tether for the Foonf, just the ARB.

Phineasmama

I *might* seriously end up getting one :eek: That's still a ways away to save up,...and if it's really that narrow I could definitely use it for my 3 across. Since I got that awesome deal on the Oobr I am kind of in love with Clek now and I really want a FOONF!!!

penguingrooves

moonmommy said:
No RF tether for the Foonf, just the ARB.

according to those who saw and met chris from clek, a rear tether supposedly will be available for at least when the seat isn't in the fully reclined position.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
There will definitely be an RF tether. Chris didn't specify to me whether there were restrictions on when to use it.

livilou

I thought the $369.99 price tag on the Britax Boulevard was steep. The Foonf is pretty neat looking, though. I will give it that.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
according to those who saw and met chris from clek, a rear tether supposedly will be available for at least when the seat isn't in the fully reclined position.

When did that change? I could have sworn during the webinar it was specifically stated that there would be no RF tether as the ARB does the same thing. Seems a bit redundant, unless it could RF tether Australian style.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
moonmommy said:
When did that change? I could have sworn during the webinar it was specifically stated that there would be no RF tether as the ARB does the same thing. Seems a bit redundant, unless it could RF tether Australian style.

I don't know WHEN it changed, but it has. The ARB can only be used in the most reclined position, so if there aren't restrictions on it, the tether could help in the other two. Only Swedish-style tethering is allowed, as it's just a single strap.

Adorkable

Are they really coming out in June now? Albee and some other stores say June and Amazon says August...

i asked them about that and they explained that they are going out to folks in the order that the store placed orders for them last fall, so their "flagship retailers"ordered early and will get them first, clearly Amazon got pretty low on the list. It really bums me out i really prefer to order from amazon, i just feel more confident doing online business with them.

LittleLeafLane

I want to get the Foonf for my now 7-month-old. He weighs about 20 lbs and is about 27 inches. He is currently in a keyfit 30 so he has 5 lbs or 3 in to go. We have a 2008 CR-V. There is not much space between the back of the passenger seat and the back of the car seat. I think the seat is up as far as would be comfortable. I measured today from the back of the seat to the rear seat and got 29 inches. With the ABR, the Foonf is 33 inches (according to the clek website. My question is, is that the measurement in its most reclined position? I f so, when do you change it from being most reclined to less reclined? I'm guessing that would reduce the space necessary. Thanks!

Phineasmama

LittleLeafLane said:
I want to get the Foonf for my now 7-month-old. He weighs about 20 lbs and is about 27 inches. He is currently in a keyfit 30 so he has 5 lbs or 3 in to go. We have a 2008 CR-V. There is not much space between the back of the passenger seat and the back of the car seat. I think the seat is up as far as would be comfortable. I measured today from the back of the seat to the rear seat and got 29 inches. With the ABR, the Foonf is 33 inches (according to the clek website. My question is, is that the measurement in its most reclined position? I f so, when do you change it from being most reclined to less reclined? I'm guessing that would reduce the space necessary. Thanks!

The foonf sits up so high that I doubt you would have any trouble getting it IN the CR-v, but it might impede your vision while you're driving which would be a huge concern for me. I have a 2009 CR-v and I would not want to use the foonf RFing in it also because I would be bonking my kid's head on the door all the time. I had enough problem with that with the Marathon which isn't nearly as high up!!!

FWIW the radian/Diono seats install very nicely with the angle adjuster in the CR-v if you are looking for a seat with a high rear facing weight limit.

tm4d

For some reason I just can't get into the hype over foonf. It looks so....space-age....or something :p

The $500 price tag might have something to do with my feelings too ;)

laurengt

tm4d said:
For some reason I just can't get into the hype over foonf. It looks so....space-age....or something :p

The $500 price tag might have something to do with my feelings too ;)

I go back and forth; some days i am all about it and some days i think I'm not so into it. I also dearly love our radians and can't see replacing one with the foonf. Luckily, DS is big enough that there is no way I could justify the purchase for him anyway, so it's mostly a non issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC