Tiny kids in TF.

ADS

skylinphoto

We tried it in the store. Here's my 26lb 37.5 in tall 4 year old in the truefit. She's petite and very slender.

IMG_20120126_194223.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

catchthewind

My daughter isn't quite that petite, but here is her at about 7 weeks and then in my signature she's around 16 months old or so. I was worried the shoulder straps would be too wide on her as she is long but thin, but they were fine. I've been happy with the fit. In the siggie picture she's probably around 20 pounds (the stats are not current).

Attachments

• cs-1-2.jpg
    cs-1-2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 50

msg221

Here is Nour at 2 years, 10 months. I think she was about 27-28 lbs. then.

ZainNourMarch2011.jpg

Here she is just a couple of weeks after she and Zain turned 3 and the first time they went FF full time in their mom's van:

272713_10150241374663592_596108591_7105676_4760492_o.jpg

And at 3 years, 2.5 months and probably around 29-30 lbs, still RF in my vehicle:

IMAG0200-1.jpg

She is now 3 years, 9 months old and around 30 lbs still, and very, very thin and petite. As of today, she is now riding in a Graco Argos in her mom's van.

ETA: Somehow I missed that post by Lenae with the link, where I think I already posted pics.

purplemama

Hmmmm. I'm thinking that a TF would be just wayyyyyy too much seat for my DD. Too wide. Maybe FF for my DS2 though.

Thanks for the pics!!

momtoo3

Here is ds3 at 2 yrs 10 months about 27 pounds and 35-36 inches RFing
124.jpg

And here he is FF at 3 yrs 1 month about 28 pounds and 36-37 inches
003-8-2.jpg

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I really disliked the TF for my tiny kids. The infant padding helped, and my kids are skinny and don't hit the 22lb max for the padding until after 2, but the seat is really very wide and there's a lot of extra space. DD slumped way over to sleep.

EagleRIverhike047.jpg

munchkin

Here's a NOT petite kid in a TF for you. E was 18 months, 23 pounds.

DSC06576.jpg

Nostalgia, at 6 months (and roughly the same weight!)
sig1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC