Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Installing a Chicco Keyfit 30 in the middle seating position in a Scion xD

Does anyone have experience installing a Chicco Keyfit 30 in a Scion xD? I helped my friends install their car seat base today but I could not get a tight seat belt install in the middle. I ended up installing it with LATCH on the side, which gave me a very secure install. I read through both car and car seat manuals. The seat belt and the middle seat are just weird in that car. The seat belt has that extra buckle and the back seat splits so there's hard plastic pushing against the base. The car manual showed picture of car seats installed in the middle (seat belt only) and didn't seem to indicate NOT to install there.

I recommended that my friends to contact a CPST to look at it and teach them how to install it in the middle, if possible...but for now it's on the side. I'm hoping to become a CPST in April so I'd like to know of any tricks as well.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Installing a Chicco Keyfit 30 in the middle seating position in a Scion xD

I don't have any personal experience with that car, but it sounds kinda odd. Hopefully they will find a local tech to try it out. Some cars are just too difficult to get center installs when the bench is split.
    Jamii ~ CPST ~ Foster Mom
    DS1 / 14 / Seatbelt * DS2 / 11 / Seatblet * DD / 8 / Spectrum and Rodifix * And a RF Headwise for Tiny