Need Single Stroller Recs

longstocking

New baby is coming around the first week in June. DS1 will be 4 June 30th and DS 2 will be 3 first week in September.
We currently have a BJCED. My husband wants to get a single stroller since the older boys are starting to walk more, and if we need to strap all the kids in we can just bring both strollers.
I want something that folds up easily for transport. DH is 6 feet so he insists he has to have adjustable handles (no el-cheapo umbrella strollers to kick his shins on). If I remember the BJ seat folds pretty flat so we can just lay the baby in that one and wrap blankets around her head or I can carry her until she's a bit bigger. We have a Keyfit 30 carseat maybe if something would work with that? I never put the boys in the stroller in their carseat, maybe I'm missing out on something fantastic?
Don't need anything fancy. We live in a city so we usually have sidewalks wherever we go. The biggest thing will be price. We can't go over $100
We used to have a Maclaren Techno XLR Stroller before it got stolen (boo) I really liked the umbrella type fold. In fact, I loved that stroller, I am still so mad!
Nope, not picky at all after all that :rolleyes: Any suggestions?

ADS

mom2kandm

If you dont mind slightly used, look on craigslist for peg perego pliko p3. It should fit should fit all your requirement: adjustable handles, umbrella fold, almost flat recline, can use your infant carrier. The retail $300ish, however in my area, i've seen ones on craigslist for as low as 65 and they look like they are in great condition. They carry this stroller in most stores, so try it out and see if you like it.

Oh, once in a while, you can can great a pretty good deal on a new one. I've seen them at my local marshalls and home goods stores. One home goods store had the p3 on clearance for $69.

Good luck!

longstocking

After looking around a bit, I realize I am seriously going way too low with my price according to my wants LOL I will need to spend at least $150 - maybe $200 for a good stroller. It's not worth it to me to get something cheap that will have to be replaced in a year.
All I'm seeing on Craigs List is the type of strollers that come as a travel system. I know from too much word of mouth I for sure don't want one of those type of strollers.
I'll keep looking. I'm not close to any stores, especially a BRU which is too bad since I heard they are cleaning out certain strollers.

Holly

longstocking said:
After looking around a bit, I realize I am seriously going way too low with my price according to my wants LOL I will need to spend at least $150 - maybe $200 for a good stroller. It's not worth it to me to get something cheap that will have to be replaced in a year.
All I'm seeing on Craigs List is the type of strollers that come as a travel system. I know from too much word of mouth I for sure don't want one of those type of strollers.
I'll keep looking. I'm not close to any stores, especially a BRU which is too bad since I heard they are cleaning out certain strollers.

I'm still checking my BRU for you tomorrow! I'll have my phone with me. I'll call if I find something awesome!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC