I have a harness problem with my Radian80

M

mrsavocado04

Has anyone else had this problem? It always seems like one strap is longer than the other. I've had my child sit up straight repeatedly to make sure that it's not just leaning to one side that is making it loose on one side. Me and my mom have this problem constantly though. One side seems so much looser than the other side. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it just this car seat? It seems like it's gotten worse over time. Did I mess it up?

Now I'm gonna buy a new one (as the 2nd one) I don't know if I should just replace this one too. I don't know if I should buy this one again or get the Britax Fronteir. My little one is about 45" and 45lbs so definitely in the booster category but I still want a 5 point. Please any help or advice I would appreciate!

ADS

Mae

Perhaps a silly question, but did you double check that you have the harness threaded through the correct (and same) slots in both the cover and the shell? Is part of the harness perhaps "pinched" in the seat, where it folds up? I know I've accidentally done that before.

I think I *might* recall this being brought up before. Give the company a call in the AM; they will likely send you a replacement harness (which is easy to replace - there's a thread for that :)).

Oh, edited to add: When was your Radian manufactured? I forgot that you can only replace the harness on Radians made after September of 2008.

PlacentaMama

I never had that problem with my older Radians (purchased in 2007), but I did with my Radians I purchased in 2009...it seemed I could never get both sides equally snug. Mine were both SKJP Radians.

jess71903

Ambassador
I had that problem with my 80SL. I checked everything there was to check- even took the plate off to make sure the hip strap thingy wasn't turned funny or something- and couldn't find anything wrong. I think it was the way they bunched on the splitter plate.

mom of six

I noticed that problem with my Radian 65 too. So when I replaced the harness about a year ago I compared the old straps to each other and they were about 1/2 inch different in length. HMMM Maybe a call to Diono is in order. Since replacing the straps fixed my problem I did not peruse it.

actuallyamanda

My xtsl from 2009 also had this problem. Once I replaced the straps and took the old ones out I noticed that one of the straps was slightly longer than the other.

So, if you just replace them you will likely be sent 2 of the same size now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC