No longer rear-facing...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I finally got around to some updates. I had to reinstall DS's Husky with the seatbelts since he is above the limit for LATCH use. DD has been complaining about getting a headache every time we are in the van. I'm not sure if it is the head wings on the Wizard or rear-facing, but I decided to turn her front facing at 3 years, 9 months and about 32 pounds. She's now in an Expressway ISOFIX in the van, and the Wizard is FF in our wagon. I also had to adjust her slots up in both carseats. Don't they grow fast....

ADS

mamamia

Wow! That is a long time rear-facing! My youngest will be 2 in 2 weeks, and still under 25 lbs, so she'll probably rf for quite sometime. With number 3 coming along in about a month it works out well-two rear-facing children in the second row so their FF big sister in the third row can keep an eye on them for me :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Your ds is 48 pounds?!?!?!?!? I'm so used to my scrawny 42 pound 6.5 yo, I forget what normal is, lol.

Yup they grow fast, indeed...I turned Bitsy FF a few months ago, but then I weighed her yesterday...32 pounds...what to do, what to do? I think I'll leave her in the rear bench center seat...LOTS of room for head excursion without hitting anything in front of her there, and she is the only one who likes riding in the back, she thinks its fun like a roller coaster, while adults tend to find it seasickness-inducing ;)

Anyway, sounds like your current arrangement is pretty good, but won't last too long...she might be out of that expressway before you know it!

Julie
PS, do we need to design and copyright a condolence card for having to turn our kids ff? think there would be a market for that?

You're getting tall,
Your weight is high,
The end of rearfacing
now is nigh,

But don't you worry,
Don't you fret,
Your seat is tethered,
You'll be safe yet.

The front of the car,
The back of dad's head,
is what you get,
to see instead.

(ok, I can't think of a good ending...or beginning or middle...it's all bad!...I'll just stop before you all beg me to!)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
DS is around 45 pounds, but Honda's limit is 40. Shhhh!

And now we know there is a poetess among us:)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Aw, poor thing with the headaches! Have you had her eyes checked?

Congrats on going as long as she did. Glad to know that you never needed her to be rf that long.

MelllieMa

Awwww, Darren!
I'm so sorry you had to turn her around! ;)
I'll be curious to know if FF helps with her complaint of headaches.
How tall is she now?
Really, I understand... and your DS is growing like a weed, too, isn't he?
He's in the Husky in one car, what's he in in the other? A BG, right?
It really does happen fast, doesn't it?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
We have not had DD's vision checked, that's a good idea. The headache complaints started recently, and only in the van. I assume it was probably the Wizard rather than rear-facing. So, the Wizard is now in the wagon where she doesn't ride often. Her head circumference was well over 90th percentile at age 3, so I also folded back the padding on the side to give her more room.

No complaints so far in the Expressway, but we've only taken a few trips. DS still rides in a Futura in the wagon. DD will get the Futura when he grows out of it...

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
:( What a bummer. Have her headaches subsided?

My son will be 3 years old (sniff sniff) in 3 weeks and is 31 pounds. I will cry the day I have to turn him forward facing.

Sara

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
No complaints at all so far in the van. She doesn't ride in the wagon much, so it could still be the Wizard rather than rear-facing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC