Scenera vs Avenue? Quick!!

ADS

lovemybabybug

The avenue is taller.

But adding to your question, which one is narrower and will the avenue play well in a 3-across situation with another rf convertible (MR)?

lourdes

lovemybabybug said:
It sells for $79 at sears and $50 at Albee baby. Are you at Marshall's? I just saw a batch there for $59.99 too.

TJMax, so is the same as Marshalls, Albee baby doesn't ship to Puerto Rico so that's not an option, and the only chance of finding that car seat here is the rare times that Marshalls bring it here.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Avenue has a taller shell, and puzzles very well with a MR when they are both facing the same direction.

Pixels

The avenue is taller.

But adding to your question, which one is narrower and will the avenue play well in a 3-across situation with another rf convertible (MR)?

I think they are the same width. The Avenue sits lower, the Scenera a bit higher. So which seat will puzzle better in any particular situation depends mostly on how high the other seat is. The MyRide sits up higher, so the Avenue is the better to puzzle.

Here's the Avenue and MR puzzled together in DH's 1999 Grand Am. The third seat is a BabyTrend. The cover is pulled up on the Avenue so I could access the belt path for the install.

IMG_2297.jpg

lovemybabybug

I think they are the same width. The Avenue sits lower, the Scenera a bit higher. So which seat will puzzle better in any particular situation depends mostly on how high the other seat is. The MyRide sits up higher, so the Avenue is the better to puzzle.

Here's the Avenue and MR puzzled together in DH's 1999 Grand Am. The third seat is a BabyTrend. The cover is pulled up on the Avenue so I could access the belt path for the install.

IMG_2297.jpg

Scenera doesn't puzzle with the MR in my car. Any chance you could measure the seat in that car door to door? Those are the exact seats I might end it, and possibly doing 2 avenues and the MR if the MA65 doesn't work. It would be soooooo much cheaper than 2 radians as I wont be driving themm all on a regular basis, it is mostly an emergency set up.

HaileysMommy

I'd pick the avenue over the scenera any day but not familiar with it in 3 across situations. I love that it sits low like the radian. The low profile of the radian is a HUGE selling point for me. Also taller slots is a plus and easier install than the scenera.

lourdes

We went with the Avenue and it was a dream to install, it went in to Toyota Camry 2010 in the center with seat belt

lpperry

I know the decision has already been made, but I just want to say that I have 2 Avenues for my daycare kids and like them a lot. I hated the Scenera. I think the Avenues are easier to install and easier to buckle. The Avenue puzzles wonderfully with the Myride (I have them both rearfacing, so not sure about ff).

lpperry

Scenera doesn't puzzle with the MR in my car. Any chance you could measure the seat in that car door to door? Those are the exact seats I might end it, and possibly doing 2 avenues and the MR if the MA65 doesn't work. It would be soooooo much cheaper than 2 radians as I wont be driving themm all on a regular basis, it is mostly an emergency set up.

I have 2 Avenues and a Myride 3 across in the back of my van. The back of the van is likely narrower than whatever car you have. What car do you have?

The Avenue fits nicely under the cupholder/armrest of the Myride. If 2 Avenues and the Myride don't work, I bet you could get by with just 1 Radian, an Avenue, and a Myride.

343jlmx.jpg

lovemybabybug

I have 2 Avenues and a Myride 3 across in the back of my van. The back of the van is likely narrower than whatever car you have. What car do you have?

The Avenue fits nicely under the cupholder/armrest of the Myride. If 2 Avenues and the Myride don't work, I bet you could get by with just 1 Radian, an Avenue, and a Myride.

343jlmx.jpg

I have a Pontiac sunfire. I was hoping to get away with no radians at all. I doubt I will be getting out of the house with two almost 3yo and a 9 month old, but just for my peace of mind I would like to have seats that work. When I had my DD and the other 2 year old we only left the house to go to Gymboree once a week and we wont be doing that anymore when I have all three of them. I really really hope I can make the two avenues work!!! They wouldnt be installed at all times, and one avenue would probably go FF as one of the kids is about 35 lbs and she only had 2 inches of shell left in the MR back in December.

Irishmama

We just got a Pontiac Sunfire (2 door) last week, and it has more room for a three across than our Windstar third row. I have two Literiders with a Maestro center right now. It fits with more room than I thought it would. I'm betting you can get a three across without needing a Radian.

The only convertible I have is a MA65, so I'm not much help. I bet you can get two Avenue's to puzzle nicely under a MyRide though. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC