Car seat storage

thekatie

My 11 month old has moved into a convertible seat, and I'm ready to pack up the infant seat until I have another (no, hubby, not if, I mean when!). Where and how is the best place to store 1 KeyFit 30 with 2 bases? We don't have an attic but I'd guess the temperature & humidity fluctuations would mess with it anyway. Should I wrap it, find a box?

ADS

Keeanh

I don't think it really matters. I wouldn't worry about temperature fluctuations in an attic. Just pick somewhere that animals won't nest in them, there isn't excess humidity, and kids won't play with them. I have mine in the garage right now and cross my fingers a mouse doesn't find them :eek:. If you put it in a box and seal up all the cracks with packing tape, a mouse isn't likely to get at it anyways. They generally only bother chewing boxes if they smell food inside.

Baylor

I store mine indoors in my kids closets. I want them away from bugs and extreme temps in either directions.

auto correct hates me

thekatie

We stored some stuff like high chairs in my mom's attic after my first stopped using them. When my second was born, a lot of it was unusable. The plastic felt tacky to the touch, even after cleaning and I just didn't trust it. Granted, it was in the attic longer than this seat has until it expires, but it makes me leery of putting things in non air conditioned areas - we're in the Memphis area with ::::extreme:::: temperatures and awful humidity :(

ks227

To store our Keyfit and bases between kids, I washed the cover well and wiped off the shell with a damp cloth. I figure that in a couple of years when we pull it out again I'll be pretty darned pregnant, so I rethreaded the harness down to the bottom set of slots and put the infant insert and head support back on.

Then I just stashed it and the bases on the floor in one side of the (small) closet in DD's nursery. I put the handle down, docked it into one of the bases, and was able to fit the second base alongside it. It doesn't take up much room at all and I like that it's there rather than in our basement.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC