Radian R100 vs. RXT?

carseatfreak

How do you feel about the Radian R100 vs. RXT? They are exactly the same except for the headwings, right? Do you think no headwings are a deal-breaker. Do you like it better without. Would you feel comfortable using outboard in a car (with side air bags)?

Lots of questions...just running lots of scenarios through my head today.

Thanks!

Amanda

ADS

carseatfreak

Thx! I do like memory foam under the bum...so maybe I should be comparing the 120 to the RXT (really just asking about the headwings now).

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I had an 80SL, which is like the R120, and now I have an RXT. I like both equally. Since my car doesn't have side air bags, I like the head wings.

Holly

I'm not a fan of the headwings so if it were me, I'd get one without.
I have 3 radians, all without headwings. My kids sit wherever, even outboard in them, and I'm fine with it.

HaileysMommy

I've never had a problem with my xtsl headwings but I'm not sure about RXT headwings having problems. I love the radian headwings. They aren't claustrophobia inducing like on the complete air. If I found a good deal on one without headwings I'd provably still get it.

momtotwogirls

We chose to get the one without. We got an 80sl purposefully because it doesnt have headwings(and the cover :) ) She sits rf outboard and I have no issues with that.

Cryssy Jane

I have both. I hate the headwings for my rear facers and use 80sls for them. For Matthew who is ff he rides in the rxt right now. He's a huge car sleeper and the headwings nestle his noggin really well so he doesn't have head slump.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Jessica61624

I turned down a colbolt rxt for a r120 without head wings! I really dislike them. As ds has gotten older the head wings have became more annoying. He's to the age were he wants to climb in his seat. With the headwings he had a hard time sitting down. Now the the r120 its so much easier for him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC