Thinking of getting a CA.

purplemama

Yep, even though it has a continous harness and is a Dorel product. I can't get the MA70 or RA50 more upright in my van. They are pretty much at 45 and anymore upright the base lifts off the seat. DS2 saw the flutter one and wants one (now to get past DH on that......).
Anyhoo, I'm so done with trying to find a seat that works that I'm realizing I'm going to have to give a little on reasons I have for not wanting certain seats.
Although I guess if I can deal with a continous harness with a CA then maybe a TF would be better. (I want a purple seat for DD though....the flutter calls me to it everytime I'm in BRU).

Pointless ramble here. :D:D

ADS

Lenae

I had a TF and have a CA. I prefer not having the continuous harness, but I love both of those seats for other reasons enough to look past the harness.

lourdes

I love the CA, but the love came after I learn how to install it!! It is a great seat in my opinion, it gives my DD more leg room than the Radian

MommyShannon

I like our CA if you are ok with installing more upright than allowed. I don't know if it's changed since ours is a CA50 LX, but removing the cover is annoying and requires a long screwdriver to undo some clips inside (you have to twist and push on them). I have carsick prone girls so easy removal is important. I love the legroom and height.

Emi's Mommy

EmmaGrace'sMom said:
We have both the TF and CA, the TF installs more upright if upright is your goal ;)

It's actually the opposite in my car.

And I find the continuous harness less of a PITA on the CA than the TF.

lourdes

MommyShannon said:
I like our CA if you are ok with installing more upright than allowed. I don't know if it's changed since ours is a CA50 LX, but removing the cover is annoying and requires a long screwdriver to undo some clips inside (you have to twist and push on them). I have carsick prone girls so easy removal is important. I love the legroom and height.

I have the CA 65 and I have wash the cover 2 times because DD peeeee..... And it is "easy" to remove it and put it back, it might take time but it doesn't need the screwdriver

mamakc

I loved the ca so much I got two. I have the 65lx. It is by far the easiest seat to use and switch between kids (i babysit a lot and one of them is shared between a 40lb 3.5 yo and a 19 month old) and easy to switch between rf and ff. Easy to install, easy to clean the cover. Good leg room. I don't care for a continuous harness or doral either, but I think they got this one right.

purplemama

Picked one up today at BRU. I'm okay with it FF for DS2. I could not get it in RF for DD. I guess I could've had I kept messing with it but I wasn't in the mood. I really would prefer something I don't have to struggle with. I think I might keep it for DS2 but I just don't know. :(

ETA: I don't like DD's fit in it also. She is very tiny and just fit funky in it.

Last edited:

livilou

Picked one up today at BRU. I'm okay with it FF for DS2. I could not get it in RF for DD. I guess I could've had I kept messing with it but I wasn't in the mood. I really would prefer something I don't have to struggle with. I think I might keep it for DS2 but I just don't know. :(

ETA: I don't like DD's fit in it also. She is very tiny and just fit funky in it.

I'm having problems getting it reclined enough to rear face too. I can get it to the top line but I can NOT get it to the bottom. And it's weird - it's not due to a lack of space between the seat and the front seats, I just .. can't get it up that way. :rolleyes:

MommyShannon

livilou said:
I'm having problems getting it reclined enough to rear face too. I can get it to the top line but I can NOT get it to the bottom. And it's weird - it's not due to a lack of space between the seat and the front seats, I just .. can't get it up that way. :rolleyes:

Does yours have 2 recline lines??? Is that version out yet? To get 45 degrees you pretty much have to use a noodles or a BIG rolled up towel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC