Does anyone have a sit and stand

adamsmommy

Type stroller? I have been looking at the Joovy. I like that it is car seat compatable. I am just not sure I will need a double when the next one gets here. Adam already prefers to walk, and with baby being born in the winter, I probably really won't need it until March. Also, besides the Joovy, what others are out there?

ADS

Dillipop

I have the joovy caboose, the original. I really thought I'd use it a ton, but my boys are just over 3 years apart and we hardly use it. I did use it some in the beginning, though and it worked well for us.

I usually use either our maclaren volo or chicco tuscany when out and about now- the kids are now 1 and 4. Then I stuff the sling or mei tai in the basket for just in case. I can carry either boy in the mei tai for a limited amount of time and push the other, or I can carry the 1 year old in the sling and push the 4 year old.

Sorry- this probably doesn't help much. If we have kids a bit closer together next time, I think it will be more useful for us.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
There are a couple of different versions:

Joovy Caboose
87740800403rd.jpg

Joovy Caboose Ultralight
YE1024_a.jpg

Baby Trend Sit n Stand Plus
5812.jpg

(the back seat removes to become a platform like the others)

Baby Trend Sit n Stand
7339_web_main_l.jpg

Baby Trend Sit N Stand Elite
13130.jpg

Another option would be the Buggy Board or Kiddie Board
la-maxidiagram.jpg

la-kboardmain.jpg

vamom

I have a friend with one of the first joovy caboose deals. Her kids are 4 and 2 (18 months apart). The oldest is not a big fan of riding in the back sitting down, and complains about standing up. The thing is a pia to steer/turn.

I have another friend who just bought the stit and stand at target, she seems pretty happy.

I have another friend with a peg that has a little stand on the back where the older child can hitch a standing ride - it worked well for her family, and made it through two little ones.

I think the stroller queen listed another stroller that had the little stand - I probably would not have noticed the stand if it wern't pointed out to me!

adamsmommy

Thanks for the advice. One of my concerns is that Adam will see the baby in the stroller and want to ride too. He doesn't ride in a stroller much at all now as it is. Unless we go to the Zoo or something. Then it is still very little.

jazzpurr88

I tried the new Joovy out at Babies R Us with DS#1 (age 3.5) and he can't sit on the seat if baby (due in Oct) is in the infant seat in front. THe backrest in the front lays back to far, but not far enough for an infant ro a child to lay and sleep. The stroller was realy hard to trun with DS ont he back and an empty infant seat on the front. It just isn't well thought out design. I wounder if they even put kids in it to test out the prototype?

I will not be buying the Joovy. A friend gave me a Baby Trend Sit and Stand (made in 2004) and it is huge! Very heavy, does not lay down flat in the back of my 2000 Chevy Blazer when folded. It has the seat in the back or you can take it off and have a platform and sliding seat for an older child. Cool concept just not for me. Maybe if DS#1 was younger and wasn't so independant.

supercrunch

I had the sit and stand LX with the matching baby trend latch-loc infant seat when my ds was born and my dd was 3.

It was heavy, hard to steer, and quite bulky, but it served it's purpose well. Both of the kids loved it, and my dd STILL says she misses it when she gets tired of walking, lol.

The sit n stand has a lot more room for the older child than the joovy does, and my dd fit comfortably in the jump seat until we sold it when she was 5.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I've had the Sit and Stand and the Sit and Stand Plus. The regular one worked great when the boys were younger, so we decided to get the Plus for when Ilana came since Evan would still need a real seat. It was o.k. if you have giant kids (like your Adam, IIRC, lol), but I would tighten it as tight as I could and Evan would just hop out and then go running away! You can imagine if I couldn't get him in tight, there was no way I could Ilana in tight any time soon. That was my only real complaint about it. I just sold the Plus this past weekend. We have the Kolcraft double now and I wish I could get the single and save it...

Melanie

I have the original Joovy and it works well for us. It's become the everyday stroller. My girls are now 2 1/4 & 4 months. There is not much room to sit with the infant seat in the front...DD doesn't seem to mind though. I like that she can get in & out by herself.

I also throw a sling in the basket. In a pinch, I've put the 2 year old in the front seat to sleep, strapped the snug ride to the back area, and worn the baby.

It only works if the older child follow direction well and doesn't actually need to be contained. They can hop right off or put their feet right on the back wheels. The seat does have a 3 point seat-belt. I've only used the seat belt once, during a 2 year old melt down. It held her in until we could get out of the store and to the car.

My biggest complaint would be the weight, but I think about any double-type stroller will be a heavy. The new Joovy is suposed to be much lighter

libranbutterfly

I have an old version of the baby trend one, We have yet to use it as a sit n stand, though. It is extremely heavy. They have a fisher price one at our local Big Lots, it is a sit n stand and it also has a huge net/basket so you could do grocery shopping with one in the front seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC