Sceneras Side-by-side?

carseatfreak

I am just 'thinking' out loud...I recently had uninstalled all the MA's in my van. For another reason, we recently uninstalled the radian's in dh's car (two RF in both vehicles). Since they were all out...I was playing with installs and gave up getting the radian center in second row of Odyssey so I installed it outboard with latch...and I LOVE it. I LOVE the legroom (been using it there for a week...it's more the everyday vehicle). I didn't think I could have a love other than the MA but I am surprised. Plus, I had back surgery this past summer and still don't feel recovered and it is so much easier on my back to get my (1-month-shy-of 2 year olds) in the radian (no lifting them up and over). I know the MA's won't fit side by side in dh's car (and oldest needs an outboard position for booster b/c she can't get in under the seats when they are RF so they have to be side by side).

So, I would LOVE to buy another set of radian's but it's not in the budget right now. How do 2 sceneras fit side-by-side in a mid-sized sedan (2011 honda accord - one with latch and one with belt)? Any other affordable options I'm missing? Twins are 23 lbs/24 lbs and barely at the second slot of the MA so we will have plenty of room in most seats. Maybe I should just start saving for 2 more Radian's....

Thanks!

~Amanda

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The Evenflo Tributes boxy shape will puzzle much easier than the Scenera for a side by side install.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
P.S. The legroom in the Tribute is really nice! :) We got more legroom in it than the BV70. Almost comparable to the Radian.

carseatfreak

The Evenflo Tributes boxy shape will puzzle much easier than the Scenera for a side by side install.

Is that a Tribute 5/sport/dlx...or a different 'model/version' of it or are they all pretty much the same (I just did a quick search and saw a bunch of different models).

Lenae

With the different models, they are all the same shell, same harness heights and weight limits, the padding is just different. The DLX is the Deluxe version, so extra padding. Although even the sport version of the tribute has more padding than the Scenera. I'm not positive on this, but I think the Evenflo Titan has a higher shell than the Tribute though. Closer to the shell of the Scenera. I could be wrong though. Off to look it up.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We always got more room in the Tribute than the Scenera. I also like the 'feel' of it better and the install was easier. Granted, I haven't played with a Scenera in years. This is coming from when they first came out.

Lenae

According to the carseat quick data form, the Tribute has 22.25 inches of seating height, the Titan has 23 inches, and the Scenera has 23.25 inches. How your child fits is going to vary from vehicle to vehicle though.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The Titan has more legroom than a MA70 in my car, and I think the Tribute is similar.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
According to the carseat quick data form, the Tribute has 22.25 inches of seating height, the Titan has 23 inches, and the Scenera has 23.25 inches. How your child fits is going to vary from vehicle to vehicle though.

The Tribute is also more upright when FF, so even though the shell may measure smaller, you get more use out of the room it has. Kind of like the MA vs Radian.

carseatfreak

So...would your opinions change if I said I only care about this seat to use RF? I know we will get something new when they go FF (I loved my GN). The twins seems to follow my oldest on the growth chart. They are both 50% on height and now at 23-24 lbs....my oldest was 33 lbs at age 4. Also...hubby will be using this so it can be anything tricky. I'm liking the tribute...still researching it now.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My petite 4yr old still fit rf'ing. ;) My moose of a 2yr old still fits rf'ing. It's easy to install. It's easy to use. I've got pics of it on here somewhere. You might search by my user name and see if you can find them.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I found it for you. He was almost 4 in this pic.

TributeVSRoundabout005.jpg

lovemybabybug

I found it for you. He was almost 4 in this pic.

TributeVSRoundabout005.jpg

DO you know if you threw a MR in that mix, it would work? I deally I would love for them all to be RF, but I could flip the MA or Tribute FF if it had to be. I have a smallish car, Pontiac Sunfire. I am gonna have 2 charges in the fall and need to make 3 seats fit in the car without buying 2 Radians.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC