Defect or User Error?

Swmnmom

Just bought a Graco Nautilus for my son. When you buckle him in it one side doesn't want to buckle. As in not even go in the buckle. You have to be at a perfect angle and it takes me and my husband like 3 minutes every time. The other side buckles normally without any problem.

ADS

amyd

The new buckles are a bit tricky and do have to be put in at just the right angle. I also have trouble with one side but I suspect it's just because it's the side furthest from where I stand to buckle him and the angle's a bit awkward.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Call Graco and ask for an old buckle. They've had nothing but trouble with the new.

Wendy

NannyMom

wendytthomas said:
Call Graco and ask for an old buckle. They've had nothing but trouble with the new.

Wendy

It's my understanding that they don't have anymore of the old buckle. But calling to as for fit and lodging a complaint may help bring back the old buckle.

HaileysMommy

NannyMom said:
It's my understanding that they don't have anymore of the old buckle. But calling to as for fit and lodging a complaint may help bring back the old buckle.

This. And I was told by someone that they called Graco and said the old buckle wasnt compatible with the MR that came with the new buckle. That makes no sense to me though.

I can say that the buckle alone will prevent me from buying another Graco seat ever.

Swmnmom

It's a shame cause I liked this seat besides this design flaw. I still think it may be a defect as you look into the buckle and the side that is difficult to buckle is different then the side that is easy to buckle. Either way it is annoying.

HaileysMommy

Swmnmom said:
It's a shame cause I liked this seat besides this design flaw. I still think it may be a defect as you look into the buckle and the side that is difficult to buckle is different then the side that is easy to buckle. Either way it is annoying.

It was always the second side I tried to buckle. Switch it up and see if that's it. It didn't matter for me which side I buckled second it was always a pita.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
And I love the new buckle; better than the old buckle. I like how the tongues "pop" into place and make a definitive click. And I don't break my nails pressing the button to open.

Mine's on a SR35 though, so maybe the seat makes a difference (used differently even if same buckle or maybe the buckle is slightly different?).

macmomma

I returned ours! We had bought one and it was a royal pain in my butt!! I could not deal with it- especially since my five year old buckles himself in the third row and he could not do it.... I tried and tried it myself and finally just returned the dang seat. graco kept telling me to try this way and that way but to no avail.

msg221

I just helped my friend install the Argos for Nour in her Sienna today and she had a hard time getting the second buckle in. I warned her before she decided to buy it, and just messaged her again about hanging on to the box, just in case she does find it to be too much of a PIA and wants to return it. I hate the new buckle and wish they'd bring the old one back!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC