Boulevard or True Fit

BlessedMama10

I was set on a butterfly true fit for my 5 month old dd then today I found a Boulevard at a local close out store for $197. The DOM on the Boulevard is 6 or 7 of 2010 and the dom on the butterfly TF is early 2011 for $139. Which would you get and why? I need to act fast though or the Boulevard will be gone.

ADS

Dorothy

BlessedMama10 said:
I was set on a butterfly true fit for my 5 month old dd then today I found a Boulevard at a local close out store for $197. The DOM on the Boulevard is 6 or 7 of 2010 and the dom on the butterfly TF is early 2011 for $139. Which would you get and why? I need to act fast though or the Boulevard will be gone.

Classic Blvd or New Gen Blvd 70?

jjordan

Have you tried them both in your car? Which do YOU like better?

If you expect your child to be tall, the truefit might be a better choice because it will last longer. However average-ish children will last plenty long in the boulevard.

Sometimes narrow-shouldered children don't fit in the truefit well, so you might want to check that as well.

They're both good seats and are very safe when used correctly. :)

BlessedMama10

It's the Blvd 70 in Emily print.

Right now my baby is not super tall and shes chunky. My babies usually end up being fairly slim as they get older though.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
For a long slim baby I'd get the True Fit. For shorter and chunkier I'd get the Boulevard.

That's one of the very very very first Boulevard 70s, though. Is it a return? Store model? Why is it still around?

Wendy

BlessedMama10

For a long slim baby I'd get the True Fit. For shorter and chunkier I'd get the Boulevard.

That's one of the very very very first Boulevard 70s, though. Is it a return? Store model? Why is it still around?

Wendy

I'm not really sure because it's at a close out store. They bought a whole shipment from a baby retailer ahd this seat was in it. They have tons of Frontiers, they had a RA 55 for $95, they have CCOs for $99 and TONS and TONS of strollers and stuff. All the carseats dates were from mid 2010 so I am thinking maybe the store went out of business back then and the remaining stock is just now getting sold off to the closeout store here.

macmomma

Like the others have said.... Smaller skinnier kid I would get the blvd but for a taller one I would choose the TF.
I own both but I also have a tiny almost three yr old that will most likely be in the Blvd until she is six years old or maybe even older .... She looks kinda lost in her TF .... I love both seats!

macmomma

Had to google the Emily cover- it is so pretty and reminds me of the shannon(?) one they used to have....

BlessedMama10

I don't really think I have extremely tall kiddos, maybe slightly on the tall side but not extremely tall. My dh is 6ft and I am 5'3 so I guess we make average height kids. My 3 yo twins are probably about 3' and their 5yo brother is about 3'6 or so. The twins are in TFs and they have tons of room in them, like they really swim in them since they are so skinny. I think they weight about 25lbs. My 21 month old is the only one other than my 6yo that is really big. He is shorter than the twins but he is thick. I don't expect Aliyah to be as chunky as he is but right now she is about 26" long and weighs 15.5. She has chunky thighs but I bet she slims up like the other kiddos did when she gets a little older.

I love the Emily pattern cover on the BLVD I just didn't know much about that particular seat. I've had a RA and a MA before years ago and we loved them I just got spoiled to the TFs with the twins. I am leaning heavily towards the BLVD. With my kids stats do you think the Blvd would be a good choice?

jjordan

Since you already have two truefits, I'd get the boulevard. If you decide you want the baby in a truefit later, you can do a seat shuffle. :)

ETA: and if you did end up not wanting to use the boulevard after a few years, you can likely resell it for a better price than reselling a truefit, because Britax seats hold their value relatively well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC