Let's Play with 3 across scenarios

scoutingbear

I am so indecisive. :eek: Tell me what to do, okay? But leave the foonf out of it. :p

I have to figure out what I'm doing with the kids in dh's car. Current set up is (from driver side to passenger side):
RF CCO, GN, HBTB

This won't last much longer because M will outgrow the CCO (okay, so she still has like 3 or 4 inches in it), C is even with the top slots of the GN, and A is on the last click for the back of the TB. Budget isn't really an issue. Car in question is a 2009 Murano. Dh prefers his car when we go out as a famiy so I'd like something user friendly. Kids are in his car more frequently during school breaks. I'm willing to replace any/all seats.

The children in question:
M is 18 months, around 28" and around 21lbs.
C is 5 1/2 (6 in June). 54 pounds, and 46"
A is 8 (as in just turned 8), 52" and 65 pounds.

The rules you have to play by are:
1. CCO MUST be installed outboard. It does not play nicely in the center and I prefer to install with LATCH as we have had issues with little boys accidentally unbuckling it.
2. If you replace the CCO with something else, it MUST be RFing. An infant seat (although she still fits in the KF) is not an acceptable solution.
3. Big kids must have access out of the car on the passenger side for school drop off.
4. I'd prefer A in a HB seat although the car in question does have side curtain air bags. he tends to need the sides of the HB to remind him to stay in position.
5. C needs a seat with deeper headwings than the TB. He falls out of hte TB when he falls asleep and, although the baby kicks him in the face when he does and he sits up again, relying on an 18 month old to keep her brother safe in the car isn't really an acceptable answer. :p
6. NO foonf. No cleck (I think it is too wide anyway).
7. I prefer at least one of the boosters (if you give me 2) to latch but not with rigid latch. (For example, in my car, A's monterey is latched in but I have to keep it a bit loose because it doesn't line up directly in front of the latch connectors due to him needing to be able to buckle it. It is not a deal breaker if it doesn't latch.
8. I'd prefer M's seat (if replacing the CCO) to be the last harnessed seat she would need. So preferably something that is just as lovely FF as it is RF)

Spare seats that are not currently being used in vehicles are: RSTV, literider, another TB, and a GN that can ONLY be used in booster due to torn adjuster strap.

ADS

creideamh

Could you get an RN for baby, middle, and put 2 boosters outboard so they can get in/out for school?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

NannyMom

CCO, Vivo for C and Parkway SGL for A. Vivo has awesome deep wings, and the Parkways is taller than the TB I'm told.

creideamh

Agree with NannyMom... Vivo, SGL, probooster, another Monterey...

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC