Orbit carseat

ADS

ccjones

One of my girlfriends has has the Orbit for her DD. She bought the Mocha model, though. I've played with it, and I'm kinda on the fence about it.

It's a breeze to install on the base, you just stick the carseat in the base and rotate it and it snaps into place in the RF position. The base itself installs like a dream as well.

But I can't get over the fact an extra base cost $160 and they don't even have a toddler carseat to use with the stroller yet. And I think the weight/height limits on the infant carseat are pitifully low for todays seats....22 lbs and 29" inches? Come on, Orbit could have done better than that!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I saw one at BuyBuyBaby near us a few weeks ago. Very cool indeed. :thumbsup:

Again, the price tag is ridiculous. I think it's aimed at celebrities due to the "paparazzi" shield or something like that.

crunchierthanthou

Again, the price tag is ridiculous. I think it's aimed at celebrities due to the "paparazzi" shield or something like that.

I guess if you need to get in your car and get going as quickly as possible, and money is no object... yeah, that's still one heck of an expensive infant carrier that will only last about 6 months.

tl01

How much space does the seat take up in the car? It looks like it would need more space than a SS1.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
That looks really cool, but that price tag...err...not so much! It makes me think of some 'future-like' car seat that would be used in like 50 years. I really like it though, maybe the trend will catch on!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
We had one come through our fitting station several months back and it was a pain to install (actually was incompatible with the vehicle). We ended up recommending to the parents the Key Fit & Companion. We did suggest the SS1 but mom didn't like the Graco strollers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC