Ody vs Sienna

jnamommy

My parents are looking at minivans. I know I have read it on here before, but can't find the thread now where it mentioned which year of Odys and Siennas had useable 8th seats. So can someone direct me to which years of each have an 8th seat that are actually big enough to be used for carseats/people?

ETA - I have no idea how I double posted this....can one of the mods please delete one of my duplicate posts? thanks

ADS

jnamommy

Thanks! And maybe this is a dmb question, but is it all versions of the 2004-2010 Sienna? Or do you have to have an EX or LX or whatever their versions are?

On the Sienna, it was the lower trim level. The Limited only came in the 7 seat version. The AWD version (no matter which trim) also only came in 7 seat. I know it is available with the LE, but I'm not sure if you could get it with the XLE or the CE.

My mom's LE has one power door. The other one and the rear hatch are not power. CE prolly has no power doors or rear hatch cuz it's the base model.

jjordan

With the 04-10 Siennas, you have to be sure that it has an 8th seat, because not all LE's (for example) did. It's kind of confusing. If you see a picture of the vehicle, you can usually tell. But otherwise, you'll have to ask the seller. I have found that, in looking at used Siennas in my area, there are probably 15 7 seat Siennas for every 1 Sienna that has the 8th seat.

For the Odysseys, some trims came standard with the 8th seat. So, for example, any 2006 Odyssey EX has the 8th seat. While it is not as big as the 04-10 Sienna 8th seat, you can still get a lot of 3 across combinations (here is a thread here with a bunch of things that work).

Twins+One

We have an '09 Sienna with 8 seats, but it was an option back then and was somewhat hard to find. It's easy to tell the difference looking at the '09 Siennas, though. The 7-passenger versions had captain's chairs in the second row. In the 8-passenger version the second row looks more like a bench seat even though the seats were in pieces. This configuration was great for us because it allowed us to remove a 2nd-row seat. We fit two Britax Advocates FF or RF in the remaining second row and still had a huge open aisle to the 3rd row where we have a Frontier. We use the aisle for diaper changes -- way bigger than a bathroom changing table. We've had a great experience with our Sienna. Good luck finding one!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC