Scenera vs Amp?

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know much, but I do know that it isn't three across friendly. It's wider than the Scenera. It seemed nice to me when I played with it at Target. :)

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I was so confused what seat that was case at my Target they have it listed as the new scenera.

Jessica61624

I didn't hate the scenera like others do. But the apt was not my friend. It wasn't a very good day we got to play together either. The top slots are 14 inches. Ds was about 1/4 inch from them and his head was just at the one inch for rf.

lourdes

They are on sale here at kmart, DD was home so I was not able to test it with her but I was looking for a Scenera to have as a back up at my home day care to use when in a rare case a family member comes to pick up a child and doesn't have a car seat, I use to have a Scenera but it expired, I had to loan my Complete Air and I don't like to do it, I don't left any child leave my house without car seat, even if it is with one of the parents, so when I saw it today I was tempted but I wanted to ask here first! To get the experts opinion...... ;-)

Kac

It does have the stickers with two different level lines. I've heard really good things about it. If it's a spare or donation seat and on sale, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

lovemybabies924

I'm planning to get an apt for my moms car for dd2

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Last edited:

henrietta

I bought one for my niece at Kmart the other day. It was on sale for $45. I haven't installed it yet, but it looks like the belt path will be easy. I think it will work well in my brother's Ford Explorer, which is what I bought it for. They have our Evenflo Tribute there right now, and it needs to be replaced. I'm thinking that the Apt will work well, b/c it's so reclined on it's own that we won't need any noodles to make it work. Even though my niece is 20 mos old, we still use noodles w/the Tribute so she can sleep w/out her head falling forward..which makes it less likely that my brother could install it well himself. (well, he could if he learned how and tried! LOL) I also think she'll really like having the cup holders, even if she just uses them as cubbies right now. It's a nice deep seat, so I'm not as bothered by the lack of EPS foam, plus it's super light weight.

henrietta

lourdes

Here on the Scenera 40 RF, it looks like will give a little more time but the Apt was more comfy and the Apt gives her more space and it looks like it will give more leg room

Last edited:

Jessica61624

I thought they were the same shell and harness heights. I guess not. I'm glad I took the apt back. Ds head its right where the fabric changes.

Kac

It looks to me that she has about the same amount of shell height in both.

She is super cute! And tiny!! :)

The Apt is definitely wider!

Jessica61624

Kac said:

I'm on my phone so maybe I'm not seeing the pictures very well. It looks like she has more harness room in the scenera? Top of the shell looks about the same though.

robbertbobbert

So now that the apt is out, are they going to stop making the scenera? Or no? Now that they have the apt at my target their aren't any sceneras at all and they used to have 3 different cover sceneras at all times.

Stelvis

robbertbobbert said:
So now that the apt is out, are they going to stop making the scenera? Or no? Now that they have the apt at my target their aren't any sceneras at all and they used to have 3 different cover sceneras at all times.

I'm sure they'll keep making he Scenera too.

Syllieann

I'm on my phone so maybe I'm not seeing the pictures very well. It looks like she has more harness room in the scenera? Top of the shell looks about the same though.

When I tried them both side by side w/ my kids in them, I also found the shell height to be exactly the same on both but the top slots on scenera were slightly higher. I keep seeing posts that the apt is 1" taller :confused: so I even checked a 2nd time and found them to be the same again. I wonder if it's one of those seats that makes the kid sit in such a way that they lose height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC