FPSVD

amyg530

what does the cover feel like? is it soft or what? it kinda looks slick in the pictures. also has anybody ordered one recently from albeebaby.com? if so what was the DOM? if i end up going with this seat should i order it online or call to make sure i get a good DOM? thanks. oh and which one looks better the red or the black?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It is kind of slick. Not like nylon slick, but not plush. I've seen both and prefer the red one. My sister ordered the red one from Albeebaby a couple weeks ago and it had a March 07 dom. Honestly, I kind of wish I had ordered a FPSVD over the MA we got. If ds wasn't still rf, I might really be questioning my choice.

trailrunnermom

I have both covers, and prefer the red/black one over the black/tan one--the tan material IS slick! IMO, I like the look of the black/tan cover, but the red/black cover looks better in person than online; it's a good shade of red. The cover isn't plushy or soft, but it doesn't feel too bad. (It might help to take it off and gently wash it once.) Also, I think the red/black covers generally have newer DOMs.

I got a black/tan one from albeebaby in March 07 (DOM 7/06), and in June 07 bought two red/black ones from babycenter.com (DOM 6/07), but babycenter (last time I checked) sold out and isn't carrying them anymore.

Simplysomething

I have bought two FPSVD's from Babyuniverse.

The red/black I got in the beginning of April, it has a DOM of 03/2007. The silver/black, I got a couple of weeks ago, it has a DOM of 6/2007. The red one is 139 and the black is 129 at babyuniverse. It appears that black is gone again.

I find them to be about the same, as far has how fabric in the center of the seat feels. The red/black is his primary seat and I will tell you that it seems to show every bit of dirt and ick. It is SOFT, in my opinion, but certainly no where near the softness of the high end seats. The fabric has a nicer feel (in the center of the seat) than the Scenera. lol

kidzndogz

I have the red one. I ordered it from BabyUniverse and used the BabyTv coupon. It took about a week and a half to arrive and had a DOM of July 2nd '07 (I ordered it July 8).

I ordered the red one because the tan on the other one seemed kind of a weird texture...the red one is kind of slippery. It's not plush at all, and definitely not like the fabric on a Scenera. Maybe more like the covers on the Turboboosters? Somewhere between feeling like a non-plush cover (not Britax) and a swimsuit. I don't know how else to describe it.

I liked the color okay, and it coordinated with my black/silver/red SS1, but I bought a Fido Marathon cover off Ebay and am using that instead. I was actually considering trying to sell my FPSVD cover and using the money to help purchase a Cowmoo from someone....but I'm worried about regretting not hanging on to the original cover for some reason. Oh well...my birthday is today so...maybe I could blow my birthday money on a used Cowmoo instead of buying gas or college textbooks!! :)

lovinwaves

I have the Circus Dots one, and it's material is a little scratchy. My kids have never complained, nor do I think they ever will. It's just not as nice of material as the Britax Marathon's.

For the price though it's great!! :thumbsup:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We have the red/black one. The red fabric looks like a twill type. The black on the sides is a polyester type. The silver on the edges is slick and itchy. That part doesn't touch her skin though. She doesn't seem to mind the seat and actually doesn't get as sweaty as the Boulevard seat we have.

crunchierthanthou

...the red one is kind of slippery. It's not plush at all, and definitely not like the fabric on a Scenera. Maybe more like the covers on the Turboboosters?

boosters! that's it. I was trying to think of a comparable fabric. It's also kind of like my chicco stroller- more like a canvas type fabric.

It's not bad. Like I said, I wouldn't mind owning one. Maybe if we ever save up enough for a second car before they really do stop making them...

amyg530

I ordered the red one because the tan on the other one seemed kind of a weird texture...the red one is kind of slippery. It's not plush at all, and definitely not like the fabric on a Scenera. Maybe more like the covers on the Turboboosters? Somewhere between feeling like a non-plush cover (not Britax) and a swimsuit. I don't know how else to describe it.

swimsuit! thats exactly what i was thinking when i looked at it . that'll work, i didnt exect it to be like the nice britax covers but i just wanted to see how everybody described it b/c theres no place for me to see one. thanks you guys, i think i'll probably be ordering the red one in a few weeks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC