50.5 lbs. Noooo!

bnsnyde

Where else but here to express a scream because my child just outgrew the Maestro at 5.5 years old, right before our big airline trip?
So I'll carry his Prosport and get strong muscles. I want a harnessed seat with a shell for the plane and rental van.

Should have not served pizza so much, lol.

Ahhhhhh! It was kind of dramatic, when I weighed him and the scale was 50.5 with clothes. :(

(And since we have 3 other seats to carry it was kind of a big deal if the Maestro would have actually worked)! Oh well. We tried.

Just my luck the 4.5-year-old will hit near 40 for her Scenera. But then she gets the Maestro.

I will absolutely make sure all the kids are the correct limits for the seats. And I thought I might get lucky. Kids grow, geesh!

ADS

xursusmaritimusx

lol i feel your pain. we're flying soon too and even though my DD has long outgrown the scenera... thats about how i felt that day... it was my favorite travel seat evvverrrrrr

hrice

I heard the Secure Kid 400 is on sale for $111 at Sears and there is a code that brings it to $92. I haven't looked to see if it's true because I would probably buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Oh gosh, I cannot imagine carrying the ProSport on the plane, especially with three other seats.

Are you going to be driving a lot? If you can't get a lighter seat, I'd probably booster a 5.5 year old for the trip. I just remember how hard is was carrying a Marathon through the plane, and we only had one carseat.

bnsnyde

I'm going to have to post pictures of this crazy trip! Carseat central! :)

I really don't want to buy a new seat we'd never use again (but the Securekid would work, sure). It wasn't light ENOUGH to justify getting it when I have the Prosport.

And I'm not ready to booster train, nor is he. Unfamiliar Floria roads and van don't inspire me with confidence, either.

I actually have the 2 and 4-year-old fighting over "I want a tether!"
Turns out there might only be 2 in our rental van I can access among 4 kids. So the 2-year-old has to rear-face (as planned) in his On-Side Air, and he'll fit by Dorel standards. Whew!

Should be fun!!!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You probably won't have time or energy to document the whole thing. :p I wish you the best of luck.

morlando27

I heard the Secure Kid 400 is on sale for $111 at Sears and there is a code that brings it to $92. I haven't looked to see if it's true because I would probably buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Do you know the code that brings the price to $92? SAVENOW reduces the price by $15 and has free shipping but the final price is $99.99.

scariestone

You could do an RSTV. I seriously considered getting a maestro for our trip last month but I weighed DS-47lbs. So, yeah not worth it so I lugged the freaking heavy radian. I strapped it to a luggage cart to save my back. Though I found out luggage carts don't fit down the aisles of some planes. You would think they would consider that when designing them. :rolleyes:

ETA: Sorry, missed the "right before" your trip part. I'm guessing you have no time to acquire an RSTV.

bnsnyde

"Right before" the trip, meaning mid-April, lol.
I am always planning ahead to the next big thing. I know he's not going to drop weight so I have to accept the over 50 lbs. thing. :)

Yeah, it's between a Radian and a Prosport since I want a shell, as long as we own these anyway. Strong arms!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Radian is so much easier to carry than the ProSport though! Especially if you have a carry strap or two.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC