Questions about the Cybex Aton

momtoo3

I'm still shopping for an infant seat for my sister. I came across the Aton at BRU on clearance for $79.99. After my trade in it would be even cheaper. I was all set to get her the B-Safe and then saw this one. They were in the box so I couldn't play or compare. Many of the stats are missing from the measurements page so I thought I would ask here. I did read Jennie's blog.

How tall is the internal seat height?

Has anyone compared the Aton with the B-Safe?

It looks like the Aton's lowest harness slot is 8 inches w/the infant insert. Is that low enough for a newborn?

Is it easy to install baseless?

Thanks!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My blog post was about the everyday use. Did you read Heather's blog, too, which is more about the stats/install? http://carseatblog.com/10614/cybex-aton-review-easiest-base-to-install/

I don't have the seat here today to measure, but I just used it on a camping trip this weekend (first time I'd used it in more than two months), and I fell in love with the seat all over again.

My DS is now on the third set of slots (he is 4 months but has the torso of a 9-month-old, probably) and he still has a ton of room left.

He fit just fine as a newborn, but even then he had a longish torso.

Baseless install is ridiculously easy.

momtoo3

It looked black but the 2 boxes were way up high in the clearance area where they keep the overstock. I couldn't tell what color but did see the clearance sticker on one of the boxes.

oakster

We used ours with our small newborn---the fit was borderline (strap slots just level with his shoulders with the infant insert folded over under him---but he was short) but good enough, and he grew into it enough for a great fit without the folding after about 10 days. We are still on the first slot (but without the newborn inlay under him) at four months, though, and he's now caught up to the 50th percentile for height.

It's super easy to install baseless, which was one of its big selling points for us (the other being the shallow front-to-back depth, which worked really well in our subcompact car).

That is an awesome price for it, too---we paid double that, and the list price now is even higher!

momtoo3

How is the leg room? I don't see my sister using the seat past a year, probably less than that but one of the reasons she likes the B-Safe is for the legroom.

Gypsyphoenix

My enormous (110th percentile. Literally off the charts!) 5 month old is in an Aton. He is tall (not sure exactly how tall) and leggy - wears 12 month and some 18 month clothes. He still fits and has plenty of leg room. He is getting pretty close to outgrowing it by height but still has a bit more space (I love my two year old's Boulevard but I think a Radian is the only seat that will get baby Godzilla to three rf, so looks like we will be on to a Radian soon). Even with his astronomical measurements I expect him to make it to 6 months. A normal baby should easily make it to a year. And for what it's worth, I LOVE the Aton. Super easy to use, easy to install (with or without base), doesn't seem flimsy. I'm going to be sad to put it away in a couple weeks. :( Maybe I'll have to give in to my husband and have a third!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
My blog post was about the everyday use. Did you read Heather's blog, too, which is more about the stats/install? http://carseatblog.com/10614/cybex-aton-review-easiest-base-to-install/

I don't have the seat here today to measure, but I just used it on a camping trip this weekend (first time I'd used it in more than two months), and I fell in love with the seat all over again.

My DS is now on the third set of slots (he is 4 months but has the torso of a 9-month-old, probably) and he still has a ton of room left.

He fit just fine as a newborn, but even then he had a longish torso.

Baseless install is ridiculously easy.

I'd buy an Aton at that price in a heartbeat, without question. Sure, there are bigger seats, but it's a fabulous little seat.

momtoo3

I am hoping they are still there on Wednesday when I can go back. I would call but am afraid they will bring them down lower and will sell before I can get there. I think if both are still there I will get both because she needs 2 bases and it is cheaper to get 2 seats.

Now I have to figure out the stroller for her. She wanted the B-agile. I read that the BJ City Mini works well with it. I just have to find adapters for it. Hopefully they are not too expensive. It would defeat the purpose of getting the Aton on sale if the adapters for the stroller were too much. She wanted the whole Britax travel system for the ease of not needing adapters.

momtoo3

My BJCM adapter was $50, I think (new). Check CL or post here in swap. People don't use them forever.

I will keep a look out. The BJCM is her next choice. I love mine. And she's not due until the end of August...plenty of time for someone to be done :).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC