Boosters in the grocery store?

crunchierthanthou

I saw this yesterday. They were backless TBs in Frenzy (red). IMO, it's a decent pattern, and a decent price at $17.99. They were in boxes, which I'm wondering now if that was for this specific display, or if they were slightly older. At any rate, I liked the height info on the side of the display box, even if placement of said box was odd. This was in a King Sooper's (Kroger affiliate).

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120212_232545.png
    ForumRunner_20120212_232545.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 59
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That's the current display at our BRU (it says 4-9, and then there's a disclaimer the box and measuring tape are NOT that tall :rolleyes:). Does seem like an odd place to see something like that, but cool (we shouldn't even have them at a BABY store, if you ask me :p:cool:, the grocery store where people shop more often when they have older kids makes some sense)

djma

Our Kroger has them too. End cap of the baby aisle. Kind of odd, but I guess when you go out for eggs and milk, you just may need a booster too! :p

Qarin

I think it's genius (now if only you could buy one with food stamps!). Most people's grocery/grocery store budget is much larger (and more flexible) (and existent) than their child passenger safety budgets... toss a booster seat in the cart and you're good to go (if only those TB's had the screws preinstalled.... do they?).

There's really no excuse for not having the box be within an inch of being 4'9" high, though, or at least having a vaguely approximate marker on it.

crunchierthanthou

I think it's genius (now if only you could buy one with food stamps!). Most people's grocery/grocery store budget is much larger (and more flexible) (and existent) than their child passenger safety budgets... toss a booster seat in the cart and you're good to go (if only those TB's had the screws preinstalled.... do they?).

There's really no excuse for not having the box be within an inch of being 4'9" high, though, or at least having a vaguely approximate marker on it.

No, the boxed ones aren't preassembled with screws installed. That's why I was wondering if they were older- because some other stores have gone to displays where the backless ones are assembled. Although, I'm remembering now that Right Start has them in boxes, and if they have this at BRU, my theory isn't holding up.

The display must be working because it just showed up and you can see that about 1/3 of them are gone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC