Argos next to a FR85 in my car (Photos!)

msg221

I traded in a SS1 today at BRU and picked up the Argos for my friend (for Nour) since she also had $40 in gift cards. I wanted to see how easy the install would be so I installed it in my car first ('03 Highlander). I just used the seat belt because I hate the Graco LATCH connectors and was thrilled that it was as easy to install as the MR. 30 seconds, if even that long! I :love: the Eliza pattern! I wish I would have had Nour with me to try in it.

I was also thinking how much easier this seat would be for when I have Katelyn since it has the no re-thread harness!

Anyway, here are pics of it alone and with my Cowmoo FR85:

P1040108-1.jpg

P1040106-1.jpg

P1040110-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

lovemy2kidstw

I love that pattern!! Do you think the Argos is comparable to the FR 85? I am thinking about getting one for DD to go in daddy's car. Is it similar size, easy to install?

msg221

I love that pattern!! Do you think the Argos is comparable to the FR 85? I am thinking about getting one for DD to go in daddy's car. Is it similar size, easy to install?

The FR85 is definitely bigger. It's wider and deeper. It would have been overkill for Nour, who at 3 years and 8 months is only 30 lbs. and still very, very petite, maybe about 37-38 inches.

It was very, very easy to install. I love it. I am going to have a hard time parting with it!!

lovemy2kidstw

msg221 said:
The FR85 is definitely bigger. It's wider and deeper. It would have been overkill for Nour, who at 3 years and 8 months is only 30 lbs. and still very, very petite, maybe about 37-38 inches.

It was very, very easy to install. I love it. I am going to have a hard time parting with it!!

Wow, she's tiny. DD will be 3 the 23rd & she's around 40 inches & 37-38 lbs. I thought it would be a great seat. Similar to the FR85, just not as huge or pricey. I'm glad it was easy to install !!

maddysmomma

Oy. That seat is verrrrry pretty. I'm a Britax lover(currently have a FR85 & MA) but this is nice. Must keep telling myself YOU DONT NEED IT.
:yeahthatmad:

msg221

Similar to the FR85, just not as huge or pricey. !!

I'm thinking the same thing! My friend got a FR85 for Zain that she hasn't opened up yet, but if she likes the Argos, she might just return the FR85 and get one for Zain as well and save some $$, especially because the no-rethread harness is also adjustable without having to un-install the seat, like you have to do with the FR85.

canadiangie

Do you think the Argos might be better in terms of Nauti head slump? It looks like it's flat behind the child's head similar to the frontier85. ?

msg221

I was worried about the head slump after reading other's complaints in the Nauti, but when I looked at it in my car, it looks like there is enough of a recline that it might not be an issue . Of course, the Argos is ultimately going in my friend's '09 Sienna, so I'm not sure how it will be in there. It does have 3 recline positions (though it doesn't seem like there is a huge difference among them) but it may be enough to help depending on the vehicle seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC