Pack n play ponderings!

cookie123

Has anyone bought a new one lately? When dd was pregnant, I started looking for one. I've only ever used the Graco. Can anyone compare or does anyone prefer another brand?

ADS

creideamh

I have 2 Gracos and a Chicco, and much much much prefer the Gracos. They're just so easy and simple. One has the bassinet attachment, again easy to put up, the other is just a regular PnP. Love em.

LuvBug

I got a Summer Infant one and just got a Graco Totblock off craigslist for a great deal!

The Summer Infant has the bassinet and changing area, the Totblock is the larger square style playard for actual playing.

koda&phiasmama

I would a look at the joovy room2 I'm still thinking of buying it and My DD is 1.. Graco is the way to go if you need all the extra attachments like bassinet or changing table but the joovy is big and you can use it for a while as it fits a toddler and many toys :)

mamom

We used to have a graco one and I liked it, but then we got an Evenflo one and we LOVED it, it was much easier to put up/take down and the bassinet seemed nicer. HTH

noahsmom24

We've never used a pack and play, but I always liked my SIL's Graco Pack and play..Not that this is much help, just pondering with you I suppose.

agave

I had the big square Graco that was meant for playing instead of sleeping. It took lots of abuse and contained the little no napping monster so I could take a shower for a long time. My parents had a Cosco that was falling apart by the time the 3rd grand kid got to it with very occasional use.

Spam

I have a graco (about to buy another at bru trade-in) and a fisher-price. I bought the f-p when preggo with A. It was floor model and has held up well, it's seen a lot of abuse. It's still standing and I use it everyday for Tuck. I rarely take it down, but it was just as easy the graco and it has the full bassinet as well. I have a graco bedroom pnp. It's smaller than the others which is great for not taking up as much room and it's the one I take to my mom's when she's watching one of them. I'm getting another graco, the elefanta one, just because I like elephants right now and I like the accessories even though Eli is probably too big for the newborn napper part. They're so easy and convienent. Baby sleeps in our room for the first several months and that's what I use after moving them out of the rocknplay sleeper. I guess I just like baby gear and I'm afraid Eli's going to be my last so I'm trying to get as much as I can before I really have no use for it :eek:

featherhead

I have a Graco, used to have something else, might have been hauck (not sure how to spell it). The Graco is much nicer. The bassinet for the Graco does not sag, like the other one did. It has two support bars running lengthwise under it. That is definitely something I would look for. Some bassinets just hang from the sides, and then they are more likely to sag in the middle.

MissAllyLou

I have a Safety 1st something .. it's pink and gray with fruit on it ... it's awesome. Super easy, has the bassinet attachment and the newborn higher level. I think I paid $60 for it, shipped, off Amazon. It's held up well (the 4 year old I used to nanny for still sleeps in it when she comes for a sleep over :p ), is cushioned nicely, packs away nicely, and is super easy to put up and take down. I love it more than my Graco!

momtotwogirls

I had a Graco one and it was hard to setup, take down and clean. my favorite(that should probably be sold at this point) was a Cosco one I think. it was jsut the cheapest 30 dollar one that we used for my nanny house for my oldest to nap in as a baby.

firemomof3

I have a Graco that is almost 7y/o and its still awesome :D
I bought a Cosco one at Target last year for my daycare kiddos and its been fine.
I bought an Evenflo one when ds was born and it was beyond horrible

jsmom

I had a Kolcraft one with DD and this time around got the Chicco one. One of the main reasons being because the mat that goes into the playpen has slats in it that come out so you can wash the cover. I dont think you can do that with any other one, they usually have cardboard sewn into it.

emtb79

Ive had quite a few different ones by far my favs are Graco. I love the elephant one it is even a vibrating playpen

leeannk

With DS1 and DS2, I used a graco one with bassinet and switched to the Graco Tot Block...This time, I used the graco smaller travel lite one, but went right to the tot block again...love the size and space

msg221

Before we got the cribs when we had Nour and Zain for overnights, we had two Graco PNP's. I got them off CL for $50 each and both looked brand new. They each had the bassinet attachments, the changing "table," and the attachment that played music and made the bassinet vibrate (which Zain absolutely LOVED!). Those were the best things ever. I also got the Tot Block one so I had a safe place to put them when I needed to get something done. And just because they are so cute, I had to post these pics of Zain and Nour in it!

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

Athena

We've only had Graco, so I cannot comment on other brands, but we were happy with our 2 Graco Pack n Plays.

With baby #1, with the exception of the vibration mode, we could have gotten away with just the basic model (with bassinet) and been happy. However, with baby #2, we used the changer on the higher end model a lot. But I would never consider getting one with those snap on changers (unless you were never going to use it). I tried one in the store and it was horrible.

P.S. We only used ours for sleeping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC