WWYD? BJ City Elite or City Mini?

alanadoodle

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this!

YDD is outgrowing her convertible sooner than expected. She's 6.5 month. I currently am borrowing a Cortina to use with her Keyfit. If I'm not using the bucket, I don't need the Cortina.

So I need a single stroller for her. Right now it would just be for walking and shopping for the most part. I'd probably keep it in my Sienna. I have a double Summitt for use with ODD and YDD.

I was initially thinking CM especially with the great price on Albee. But I found an Elite for $125 on Craigslist. 2008 or 09 and looks to be in great shape. Sounds like a fab deal, right??

So I'm torn. I can't decide if I "need" the extra stuff that the Elite has. Do I need the tires? I owned a BJCED in the past and it was great.

Help!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I was initially thinking CM especially with the great price on Albee. But I found an Elite for $125 on Craigslist. 2008 or 09 and looks to be in great shape. Sounds like a fab deal, right??

That's a great price. You can always trade down if you decide it's too much. You won't have any problem reselling it for at least what you paid.

tylersmom

I just got a BJCE on Friday. I tried a CM in store and I like that the CE has the kick plate so DD (13m) can have her feet up rather than just hang. It seems like she does sit more into the stroller. I think the CE has more ventilation than the CM and she's still a napper so it's better there too IMO. Those are things I notices from looking at the CM in store and using the CE at the mall yesterday.

poohbear

That's a great price. You can always trade down if you decide it's too much. You won't have any problem reselling it for at least what you paid.

:yeahthat: Go for the elite. THe BJCM is awesome if it doesn't work out with the elite, but for that price, I'd take the elite in a heartbeat! Only thing is, the elite is heavy, so if you're putting it in and out of the car a lot, it might get annoying. BUt you can always sell it (prob for more than you paid) and get a bjcm gt.

alanadoodle

I knew you ladies would know what to do!

I just e-mailed the seller and I'll check out the stroller in person.

It's been listed for a couple of weeks, not surprising in this area. Good strollers take forever to sell!

Laurelz

I'd go for it! :) I suffered the decision between the mini and the elite and I ended up getting the Elite and I :love: it! Plus I liked the fact that the Elite will hold up to 75lbs vs 50 like the mini.

YinzerMama

I have a single Bob I use as my pretty much everything stroller. I also have a double which I don't use so much any more. Since you had the elite double I think you will notice as I have getting single all terrain in and out of the car is a piece of cake comparitively. (sp) I'd lean that direction over the mini... esp. since you are looking at a used model which means air tires, not foam. Do you NEED them, maybe not, but they're nice to have and for the price it's a no brainer IMO.

alanadoodle

Thanks for all of the responses! I currently have the Summit Double and that is a beast to get in and out of the trunk (I usually keep it in the garage) so you're probably right that getting a single in and out will not be a big deal!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC