Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Expired car seats on ebay

Anyone know anything that can be done about people selling expired car seats on eBay? I was looking at Evenflo seats earlier & saw a shield booster, several 3pt harness seats. I asked a few of the people what the date of manufacture was, but got no response yet. Ughh, it frustrates me so bad because in the description it says " great condition, great way to keep your baby safe, perfect for grandmas car Or second vehicle" Yeah, not so much if it's expired

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Expired car seats on ebay

I know you can report ebay items. I usually flag them as "hazardous."

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I must have to go to the main site to do that then. I didn't see anything on the app to report it or flag it. I always flag the posts on craigslist. People never cease to amaze me on how they don't care about a Childs safety as long as they can make a buck or two.

Re: Expired car seats on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by lovemy2kidstw View Post
    I must have to go to the main site to do that then. I didn't see anything on the app to report it or flag it. I always flag the posts on craigslist. People never cease to amaze me on how they don't care about a Childs safety as long as they can make a buck or two.
    There are a lot of parents that honestly don't know about expiration. There's no excuse for not reading the manual to learn that information (or in lots of cases seeing it stamped on the seat), but I don't think there's anyone out there that would really sell an expired seat knowing how dangerous it is in a crash.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

See, I was hoping that was the case... But I've read others posts on here where they told them it was an expired seat on craigslist & the seller still said well im gonna see if anyone else is interested. I used to not know that car seats expired but I did some research & learned.