Question What's your FF comfort zone?

ADS

kater-tot82

3 years old. That's my RF goal for my now 18 month old...I am fine with RF longer but if she had outgrown our seats, i would be okay with FF then.

aeormsby

3yrs here too. And both my kids turned FF shortly after they turned 3 since they were within a few lbs of the RF limits of the seats we had (with DD before all the 40+lb seats were available).

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Yep, 3 here too. I let my DS start riding FF in both DH's cars and my mom's car, total he rides FF about 3x per week. The rest of the time he's RF in my car, and will be until he's 4... he's a peanut so if he still fits comfortably I may leave him RF longer but that's my plan for now.

Brianna

3. If somehow J doesn't get to the height or weight limit before his next birthday I'll let him ride FF if he asks to. I do find it's easier to buckle RF so for my own convenience I wish he could RF until he can buckle himself.

skylinphoto

For my own kids I think 4 is my most comfortable age for ffing full time.

I turned my ds full time on his 4th birthday. Well, he still rf'd on long trips after that. He enjoyed rfing and chose to rf occasionally after turning 4..but I was just fine with ffing at that point.

I plan on turning my dd next month when she turns 4. I don't think she'll rf at all after that. She begs and pleads to ff. Lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

agave

I thought I was OK with 3. When I was rear ended 2 days before DD1's 3rd birthday I bought her a frontier. 3 weeks later she had a radian. I think it would have been easier to do if it had happened at 3 1/2 which is about when she would have outgrown her crashed MyRide. She gets her Frontier back when she turns 4 I'd be very surprised if she asks to ride RF again and I think I'm OK with that.

NVMBR02

3. My tiny 2.5 year old will be able to rear face a long time. I am not sure when I will turn her forward facing full time but it will not be before she turns 3. After that we will take it a little at a time and see where we end up.

HaileysMommy

I said 3 and turned DD at 3 in all cars. Couldn't handle it so I turned her back in my car and her dads. She is ff in the grandparents cars though. So now I'm going with 4 and we will see what happens in Dec when she turns 4.

SignCuer

Don't have kids yet but when I do, 4 will be my comfort zone.

It's the rule in my van anyway and I like it and so far all kids under 4 still fits RFing.

At least 4yrs, and would do longer if my child didn't outgrow the RFing seat and didn't complain about a lot. My DD was 4.5 when she outgrew the Radian RFing---only reason why I turned her FF.

BabyKaykes

Like "I'm not leaving the house if he can only ride FF"?

2yo.

I will feel far better about it at 3yo/30lb.

I would do what I could to get to 4yo, at which time it would become optional.

ETA: Just saw you said full time....3/30.

on my Kindle Fire using the app...I make much more sense IRL...

Laurelz

I think 3 for us. ODS is 3.5 now but we turned him full time at 3. (He was before that for a little and then back to rf'ing.) YDS is on the smaller side though. I say 3, but we'll see how he grows.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC